Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 9:41:55 PM EDT
I went to a private outdoor rifle range today. The facilities are pretty nice. we shot on a concrete patio that had shooting benches and rifle stands. Nice not having to lay my guns in the dirt.

Took three AR type rifles: A Preban Colt Sporter Competition HBAR with ACOG TA01.
A Preban 16" M4 clone, with 6-pos RRA type stock, and Surefire M500A. Last but not least, a Postban home assembled 14.5" M4 clone with M16A1 stock, C7 upper, KKF A3 tac brake, and SWFA Close-out Aimpoint CompML-XD on a goose neck mount.

Ammo was a mix of Q3131A, LC XM193, & SA M1A3 ball.

Every rifle was totally reliable. Was able to hit the 200 meter gong targets with all of them. But the Postban M4 clone was the most fun to shoot. Ironic the low cost, postban M4 clone is more fun than the pricey Prebans with the high $$$ accessories.

When my host was shooting the Postban rifle I did not notice any of the annoying muzzle blast common with other brakes. The KKF brake seems to be more bystander friendly.

It was great to be able to plink with AR type rifles in California again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
What range did you go to???
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 12:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Private range down by Ramona / Palomar Mt. Not sure of the name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top