Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By TacticalShooter? How does Q3131A do on rabbits and squirrels?

Oh it will have absolutely no problem in killing them.....but there just won't be much of anything left to eat. From the experience I have had with rabbits and squirrels, a centerfire rifle will basically skin them and destroy everything other than the fur which will probably be hanging from the nearest tree branch! At least that's what happened when I tried out an '06 on one a few years ago. LOL. That's why I was so highly recommending adding a .22 of some type to your list of guns to grab if you are interested in hunting for food. Mine is a 10/22 but if size and weight are a concern, even a scoped .22 pistol will suffice. Ammo can be carried in quantity and is also more quiet than any shotgun or centerfire round and is less destructive on the meat. These are the reasons a .22 is one of the most popular survival weapons. But this is all up to you. The chances of having to worry about it are minimal anyway.....I mean it would take some pretty bad things to make getting food a real chore. Keep a little extra on hand in case of some sort of disaster or something as people are bad to start hoarding stuff at the first sign of trouble. Remember trying to get gas after the attacks on 9/11? It was as if people thought there wouldn't be any more or something! With the threat of tornadoes, Winter storms, earthquakes, etc, we are nation that experiences all sorts of natural disaster and we should keep a prepardness kit anyway. A little extra canned food is cheap and could go a long way when unplanned problems arise.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top