Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 6/21/2002 6:06:11 PM EDT
Back in 95 I purchased a Bushy lower. It had a Collapsable stock on it. I immediatly put an A2 on it as the coll. stock was useless to me.
Anyway, I have a letter from Quality parts dated 22 May 1995 that states:

"The lower reciever numbered L00100* was sold on Sept. 12, 1994 to a dealer in Montana.
It was sold as a lower reciever with stock assembely installed. It was sold as a lower before the legislation was signed into effect at mid-night that night."

Is this thing good to go or is it legally a post ban? Serial # says its a pre-ban but I'm paranoid about this type of stuff. Thanks!!!
Anyone have any idea when this thing was made?
L00100* is a pretty early serial # right?
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:14:41 PM EDT
That is a very early serial number. Generally speaking the cut-off serial number is 63000.

Does it have any other preban features?

Personally, if it were me, I would set it up as preban and call it good, but there was an ATF letter ruling (not law, just ATF opinion) that a preban lower, not sold as a complete preban rifle, is magically a postban. YMMV
Link Posted: 6/21/2002 6:26:46 PM EDT

Does it have any other preban features?

It was sold with a Coll. stock on it, as a lower only. I bought it as a lower and added a BM 20" A3 upper and a A2 stock. Anyone know of any problems with Bushies this old? It was sold from the factory in 94 and it had never been fired when I bought it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:34:45 PM EDT
Slacker, the law states that it must have been assembled into a complete weapon prior to 9/13/94 to be grandfathered as a legal "assault weapon". Even if the lower was manufactured in 1980, it had to be assembled before 9/13/94. The only way it would be legal is if the dealer had it completed before midnight on the 12th.

Maybe some folks would say as long as the lower accepted high-capacity mags and had 2 "evil" features (pistol grip and telestock) that it would be grandfathered, but most likely it has to be in a complete and ready-to-fire configuration.
Top Top