Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2002 7:56:14 PM EDT
Just added a SIG 220 & Rem 700 Tactical to the safe.
Stopped by the local gun shop and what timing! A Sig P220 just walked out from the back headed to the consignment shelf with a $499 price tag. I just couldn't let that walk by untouched. In great shape with 2 mags and a leftie belt slide holster. Too good to be true. Nonexistent holster wear and the barrel had 99% of its finish. Rails are spotless and I would bet $100 it doesn't even have 500 rds experience. (Newer model with the green recoil spring)The 2 mags have "stacked & stored disease" but a new set of Wolff springs and I will be set.
Also along for the ride an Arnold Arms acccuracized Rem 700 with fluted bull barrel (aluminum & epoxy bedded), match trigger on a HS Precision stock. Whew! Now I need to look for THE scope. Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Long Range M1 was my first choice. But the question is , Who makes the best rings and mounts?????
P.S Please excuse the typo's, half way through a good bottle of wine I opened for the celebration!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#1]
snowball,

You will probably get more advice if you put this on the optics board. Personally, I like the Leupold Mark IV rings and bases on a bolt rifle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto hillbilly, Leupold mount bases and rings for Rem 700 bolt rifle.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]
How much are you wanting to spend? You can get a Badger Ordnance base and ring set from Premier Reticles for $254 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to put in a plug for D.D. ROSS.

I bought a pair of D.D. ROSS heavy tactical rings from a gunshow not too long ago for about $100.00.  They list at $200.75 from Brownells.  I gave Daniel Ross (president) a call to inquire about lapping them.  After talking to him for a while, I found out that the rings I had bought were mis-matched.  Each ring is serial numbered because they are machined from a single piece of metal to ensure absolute straightness.  He told me to send them to him and he would replace them with a matching set from his inventory at no extra charge.  I received the new rings the following week with no problems.  These rings are the best...bar-none.  Each ring has dual locking lugs and six cap screws that secure the scope for a total of 4 locking lugs and 12 cap screws.  It is the most secure and solid mount system I have seen.

Take a look and compare the Badger mount with D.D. ROSS.

BADGER MAX 50 30mm Rings:

6 cap screws and only one locking lug $254.00

D.D. ROSS Heavy Tactical Rings:

6 cap screws and dual locking lugs $200.75

Daniel Ross is a stand up guy who stands behind his customers and product...as shown by my experience above.

He can be reached at: 330-725-3032
or email: [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top