Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 6/19/2002 7:56:14 PM EDT
Just added a SIG 220 & Rem 700 Tactical to the safe.
Stopped by the local gun shop and what timing! A Sig P220 just walked out from the back headed to the consignment shelf with a $499 price tag. I just couldn't let that walk by untouched. In great shape with 2 mags and a leftie belt slide holster. Too good to be true. Nonexistent holster wear and the barrel had 99% of its finish. Rails are spotless and I would bet $100 it doesn't even have 500 rds experience. (Newer model with the green recoil spring)The 2 mags have "stacked & stored disease" but a new set of Wolff springs and I will be set.
Also along for the ride an Arnold Arms acccuracized Rem 700 with fluted bull barrel (aluminum & epoxy bedded), match trigger on a HS Precision stock. Whew! Now I need to look for THE scope. Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Long Range M1 was my first choice. But the question is , Who makes the best rings and mounts?????
P.S Please excuse the typo's, half way through a good bottle of wine I opened for the celebration!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:08:42 AM EDT
snowball,

You will probably get more advice if you put this on the optics board. Personally, I like the Leupold Mark IV rings and bases on a bolt rifle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:19:26 AM EDT
Ditto hillbilly, Leupold mount bases and rings for Rem 700 bolt rifle.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:10:45 PM EDT
How much are you wanting to spend? You can get a Badger Ordnance base and ring set from Premier Reticles for $254 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:37:06 PM EDT
I have to put in a plug for D.D. ROSS.

I bought a pair of D.D. ROSS heavy tactical rings from a gunshow not too long ago for about $100.00. They list at $200.75 from Brownells. I gave Daniel Ross (president) a call to inquire about lapping them. After talking to him for a while, I found out that the rings I had bought were mis-matched. Each ring is serial numbered because they are machined from a single piece of metal to ensure absolute straightness. He told me to send them to him and he would replace them with a matching set from his inventory at no extra charge. I received the new rings the following week with no problems. These rings are the best...bar-none. Each ring has dual locking lugs and six cap screws that secure the scope for a total of 4 locking lugs and 12 cap screws. It is the most secure and solid mount system I have seen.

Take a look and compare the Badger mount with D.D. ROSS.

BADGER MAX 50 30mm Rings:

6 cap screws and only one locking lug $254.00

D.D. ROSS Heavy Tactical Rings:

6 cap screws and dual locking lugs $200.75

Daniel Ross is a stand up guy who stands behind his customers and product...as shown by my experience above.

He can be reached at: 330-725-3032
or email: ddr2112@aol.com
Top Top