Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 12:26:44 AM EDT
okay, at a gun shoppe there is a pre-ban G3 for sale ($950). as it turns out, it's not an HK original, but rather a clone from FMP/PARS International designated the XG3S. is it worth the money, or is the XG3S a piece of junk?

also, my friend is looking to buy a pre-ban AR-15 from Bushmaster for $1050. this is a good deal, right?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The preban AR is a good deal, don't know about the G3.

Where in AK are you?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Anchorage
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the condition, I think it is a good deal.The FMP is an HK licnesed product made in  Portugal. It is as good as HK IMHO but to some purist it does not compare. I'd say go for it!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The FMP's are ok.  Definitely not as good as German, but a hell of a lot better than any of the US made clones being made now.  I didn't think they were quite up to the quality of the SAR8 (Greek), but definitely not a bad piece.  $950  is right in the ballpark, probably a bit on the low side.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out these websites too.  THey are HK specific and the guys there could probably tell you more than you would ever want to know about G3s and their clones.

www.hkpro.com
www.hk91.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top