Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2002 11:40:33 PM EDT
I need a owners manual or a scanned copy of auto ordnance's ZG51 Pitbull .45 auto pistol!!
Any help or leads would greatly be appreciated!
Will trade a photo copy of manual for .45/ar15 prints!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:55:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Auto-Ord is still in business. Have you tried to call them for a manual? They may not be building the Pitbull anymore, but I'm sure that they can probably give you a photocopy of one
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#2]
As warlord has pointed out almost every firearm manufacturer will happily send a copy of a firearm manual upon request. Just state you recently purchased one of their products and that it came without a manual.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Auto Ordnance was bought by Kahr arms!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I had an issue with a replacement recoil that was for a Colt Officer's model.  Either the wire was thicker, or there was an extra coil, but after a shot or two, the lug on the spring retaining plug sheared off.  The compressed length of the spring was slightly longer than the space allowed, and it compressed solid under recoil and over stressed the lug.  On mine it was only brazed on.  This was at least 7 years ago, long before Kahr Arms bought Auto Ordnance.

So much for thinking it was a faithful copy of the Colt Officers model...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me know if you don't find anything at Kahr or AO.  They should still be obligated to send one out to you.  What do you want to know as almost all is true for the ZG51 as any 1911.

I have had one for 5 years.  I built a 2 pc. guide rod for it and it runs like a dream.  Not too many parts from an officers model work very well in it.  Keep to the AO parts.  The frame is 90% 1911.  Dust shield is cut down to fit the shorter slide, barrel, bushing, recoil parts and such.

Don't try to use the buffers in them or they will short stroke a lot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm somewhat at a loss to understand how the Pit Bull is so different from the 1911 that you need specific documentation on it.

Isn't it just a Commander with an Officer's slide?
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 1911 GI that I built myself on a RMT frame, And the slide group is definitely different from my GI slide group! The obvious being the bbl is 3.5" on the zg51. The recoil spring plug is positioned in the slide from the rear instead of from the front like all std. 1911's. There is a inner and a outer recoil spring, and the spring guide is shorter. Im either missing a part here or my assembly technique is wrong!! The springs are so tight that they flex in the middle and bind up in the frame when slide is attached. Heres the parts I have and all are auto ordnance factory parts.
ZG51 3.5"bbl, slide, recoil spring plug, guide, inner/outer springs and bbl bushing. Is something missing? I didnt have any trouble with my GI .45 and it shoots great! Ive never had a commander or officers model apart(dont own one) so Im not familiar with them internally!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#8]
anyone have a scan they can send of zg51, commander or officers manual?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#9]

The link for the Kahr Arms site has a section on Auto Ordnance.  You may be able to get a copy of the manual you need there.  Good luck.
www.kahr.com/front.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top