Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 8:53:47 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me what the name of the company that makes an AK-47 design that is based in Las Vegas and does anyone have any opinions on them?

Thanks alot

Dog
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
ARSENAL USA.(Las Vegas) is the company that is currently making the probably the best USAK's on the market. The rifle is a good mix of USA parts and bulgarian design. Alot of the parts on the rifle are stamped USA to avoid a 922r violation. My brother wound up getting one of their SAM-7's? (might be SA-7) It handles just as well as my SLR-95 is just as accurate, but it doesn't have the stupid thumbhole stock and seems to be lighter for the same reason. The Arsenal USA models are very impressive and don't use Garbage Romanian parts. Quite possibly the Best AK you can buy for under $800. (Unless you find a Krebs Custom model on sale)

JerrY
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It isn't Arsenal USA, though. That company is somewhere in TX, if memory serves me correctly.

Arsenal Kazanlak Bulgaria is the company in Vegas and has some kind of an affiliation with K-VAR. They have Bulgarian tooling and engineers, etc. I've heard nothing but good things about the SA-M7. I'd have gotten one myself but I'm waiting to see how the ar15.com LEGP AK plan works out.

Arsenal Kazanlak: 5015 W. Sahara Ave Suite 125
                 Las Vegas, NV 89146-3407

888-539-2220

I don't think they have a website yet.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys...appreciate your help..

Dog
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Arsenal USA is here in Houston, TX, over on old Galveston Road/HWY 3.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Arsenal USA is here in Houston, TX, over on old Galveston Road/HWY 3.

Are they making anything of interest now?
Seemed like the quality of their rifles went downhill fast after the SSR-b and c.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
They're ok.  they have not brought the quality up to their previous level, but they are better than just about any Romanian I've seen.

I still think the VEPRs and Arsenal Kazanlak KVARs are better choices for the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top