Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 6:29:53 AM EDT
I have a Colt Pre-ban Sporter HBAR.  I want to get a new upper for it.  How does the finish of the Rock River Arms uppers compare to the Colt finish?  Also, how does the Bushmasher finish compare to Colt?  Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
My two RRA products have an excellent finish.  Actually as good as anything that I've seen.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
A preban colt will likely have the grey finish whereas RRA and new colts have the black. I'm guessing that this is what you're asking. Other than that the RRA finish is fine.

The Bushie has more of a very dark grey finish.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending upon the vintage of your Colt keep in mind that the older gun had a non std. diamter front pivot/takedown pin. It will not fit any other upper receiver without an adapter or offset drilling of the new upper receiver.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Bushies and RRA's are a perfect match.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA has impressed me with their fit and finish...   I have one RRA lower and it matches my Bushy and Eagle stuff perfectly..   Don't know about Colt...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a bushy upper on a RRA lower I put together and the match is perfect in terms of fit and finish.  RRA is every bit as good as or better than Bushy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top