BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 9:12:23 PM EDT
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2112132944

So, anyone want 5.7x28mm brass????
Nice for a collection.....

EDIT-
Oppps.........  all fixed now..... that's what I get when I'm posting and chatting on ICQ at the same time....
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Uhh...that's a link to a F-106 Delta Dart model?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, fixed and tested.......

(I feel embarrassed enough.....)

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
isn't that the 5.7 Johnson?  The wildcat that was based on the .30 carbine necked down to .22?

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
isn't that the 5.7 Johnson?  The wildcat that was based on the .30 carbine necked down to .22?

NO.... here..... let me post the other pic that was w/ the ammo.... this is the 'gun' that uses it.

Dat da weopon being used on Star Gate SG-1.....  
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Im the proud owner of 1 piece of 5.7x28 brass
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
i feel like e-mailing the seller asking if he has any reloading dies and pulled bullets
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I did not know the brass is worth anything.  i got a hand full of them sitting in my garage.  i picked it up at a demo. though it would be cool to have a couple for the kicks. humm a dollar a piece,  I guess don't have enough to make any money.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
you know...this thread got me thinking.  how do yall think that the 5.7 johnson (22 carbine) would work in the AMT automag III?  one could get a blank barrel and have it bored and chambered for the 5.7 johnson round.  this should come close to duplicating the performance of the 5.7x28 (it might take some experimenting with a faster burning powder for the shorter pistol barrel).  

what do yall think?  sloth
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]

It doesn't seem like the round has much use outside a counterterrorist team. It doesn't fragment, it makes a .22 sized hole, it would be ineffective against soft targets, it would be expensive to target shoot with.
Unless you know the target is wearing body armor, what is the point?

The appeal seems to be, "I can't have it so I want it."
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It doesn't seem like the round has much use outside a counterterrorist team. It doesn't fragment, it makes a .22 sized hole, it would be ineffective against soft targets, it would be expensive to target shoot with.
Unless you know the target is wearing body armor, what is the point?

The appeal seems to be, "I can't have it so I want it."

True..... it's probably the notion that "we" are being told "we" can't have it.... and ya know the typical American mentality.....

"Can't.... we'll see about that"
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I am just the opposite I carry it and dont want to I prefer my Glock 31 which I bought from the dept.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
If you guys have not figured out who this is...it is CMMG (from this board) who is selling this.  

I am sure you can contact them and purchase some instead of going with the auction.  They are great to deal with.  You can find adds over on the EE for various AR15 parts, Eotechs, Uppers...and so on.

i feel like e-mailing the seller asking if he has any reloading dies and pulled bullets

I am sure they don't have dies or bullets.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
you know...this thread got me thinking.  how do yall think that the 5.7 johnson (22 carbine) would work in the AMT automag III?  one could get a blank barrel and have it bored and chambered for the 5.7 johnson round.  this should come close to duplicating the performance of the 5.7x28 (it might take some experimenting with a faster burning powder for the shorter pistol barrel).  

what do yall think?  sloth

Very true.....

And yes, I knew it was CMMG selling.  Just wanted to see if anyone saw this post.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#14]
FN also makes a pistol that chamber the 5.7x28 round.  It's the FN five-seven, if I recall.

The pistol / carbine cartridge I'd like to see go public is one that the British military was testing-using a few years ago.  They necked-down a 10mm cartridge to accept a .224 55gr bullet.  In the article I read about it in showed an MP 5/10 variant and a Glock chambered for it.  The modification consisted of a barrel change and had great penetration abilities for a pistol cartidge.  

I'm thinking that since it was designed for defeating body armor, it is a restricted item.  Any wildcatters out there want to make a one-off version for the rest of us that are interested in this hot little round?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
FN also makes a pistol that chamber the 5.7x28 round.  It's the FN five-seven, if I recall.

The pistol / carbine cartridge I'd like to see go public is one that the British military was testing-using a few years ago.  They necked-down a 10mm cartridge to accept a .224 55gr bullet.  In the article I read about it in showed an MP 5/10 variant and a Glock chambered for it.  The modification consisted of a barrel change and had great penetration abilities for a pistol cartidge.  

I'm thinking that since it was designed for defeating body armor, it is a restricted item.  Any wildcatters out there want to make a one-off version for the rest of us that are interested in this hot little round?

I think you are refering to the .224 BOZ. It is already classified as "restricted".

Although I see no practical purpose for AP pistol rounds, I would still like to own one.
Just the defiant, freedom loving, part of me I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top