Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 5:13:29 PM EDT
Looking for opinions or reviews. I heard some complaints on the old ones but for the price they are asking on the new ones they should be decent. Curious what you have heard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My local LE Department ordered 2 of them.
They will be shooting them next week. I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the FN bolt rifle just a Winchester Model 70?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I read an article recently (Gun Tests, I think) comparing the accuracy of some high-end custom tactical rifles, and they threw in the FN special police (1/4 the price of the others) for variety.  The FN special police is indeed a US-built(New Haven?) Winchester model 70.  All part of the FN-Browning-USRAC family.  In their tests, it grouped as well, if not better than the $3500 and $4000 guns listed in the article.  I can't recall actual groups, but they were in the 1/2 moa range with match ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top