Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 7:24:54 AM EDT
heard they made one in that model. never seen one though, if so, how much do they run?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't made it yet. All that's currently available are the rifle, carbine, recon carbine, and top feed conversions.

Projected price is around $2k for the belt-fed conversion.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully, they are planning to re-create the entire Stoner 63 system in semi-auto...

Scott

P.S. Anyone make a semi-auto M249 yet?

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Dscott,
Check the web site of US Ordnance. Supposedly they`re working on one. HTH
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Projected price is around $2k for the belt-fed conversion.

Is that price for the conversion?  Or the whole rifle in that config?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]

brouhaha queried:

Is that price for the conversion? Or the whole rifle in that config?  

I've heard just for the conversion.

raf complained:

Can somebody list the real advantages of an SA-only belt-fed weapon?

Does anyone out there look forward to paying extra for the necessity of linking-up all your ammo in preparation for going to the range?

To me it's just a toy. And I'm entitled to all the toys I want. I work hard and do my thing, so I'll play with whatever toys I want.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, IF I had a class 2 license, it would make a cool post-sample gun with the proper fire control parts.

I did see the Bren conversion at the BRC... very well constructed, but to me the whole concept is somewhat flawed.  You lose so much peripheral vision and target acquisition with that big mag sticking in your face!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That was me at the BRC with the Bren M96 setup. You should have asked to shoot it (that's why it was there), it's not as bad as you make it sound.

There's very little obstruction due to how binocular vision works, and its a ball to shoot.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top