Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 6:30:55 AM EDT
I want a pre-ban. Where can I find one/buy one? What can I expect to pay for just the lower and internal parts? I know what to look for, just cant find one.

I live in WI. Gun laws are minimal.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Get to know who the dealers are down at your local gun show. Check out prices of the guns, but make sure it is a preban by checking the SN. Sometimes it is easier to tell than others.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You might find what you want here on the EE.
Look in the local pawn shops and gun stores.
You will probably not find the best deal at the fun show.
I am not as up to date on prices as many other members here will be. If you find something you like, post a thread asking about a fair price. There are plenty of members here who will help you.
Here are a few links to look through.

www.sturmgewehr.com/
www.gunsamerica.com/

subguns.biggerhammer.net/nonnfaad.cgi?

Hope this helps.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I want a pre-ban. Where can I find one/buy one? What can I expect to pay for just the lower and internal parts? I know what to look for, just cant find one.

===========================================

pre-bans can run from $900 for a Hesse, which i do not recomend, & Essential Arms, which i do recomend, i got one, to apprx $5,000 for a NIB Colt, most pre-bans range from $1,200 to $1,700 depending on make, model & condition.......

Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Put an ad in the "Want to Buy" section of "Equipment Exchange", right here on AR-15 and you may even get a private seller in your own area...   I did...
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the equipment exchange. You might slide into a good deal. I did. Only an hour from my house.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I got my pre ban from the EE and they were right here in Texas. I would look there and see if someone from your area has one to sell.
Private sells are the best. No paper work.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Hesse made prebans? I thought they started manufacture around 1997.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
it's too bad that people who list guns do not

include the state they are selling from......
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#10]
i've been looking in the same areas as you and have only seen a couple in the last year. best bet might be the show at wessman arena in august.  i saw a nice colt carbine last year for a little over 1k.  there was also a colt 20' w/m203 at shooters supply last year for $1250 but it went pretty fast.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]
www.bernies-sports.com/firearms/gunmaker.cfm?ID=21

Go to the last item on the page.  It is actually an Eagle Arms pre-ban BUT brand-spankin'-new-in-the-box.

Dave S

Had to come back and tell ya to not freak on the photo.........wrong pic.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.bernies-sports.com/firearms/gunmaker.cfm?ID=21

Go to the last item on the page.  It is actually an Eagle Arms pre-ban BUT brand-spankin'-new-in-the-box.

Dave S

Had to come back and tell ya to not freak on the photo.........wrong pic.

Bernie has that one priced about $300 too high.  I got my NIB Eagle Arms about a year ago for about $1500.  It was one of ones that ArmaLite released.  I talked directly to the folks at ArmaLite.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
pre-bans can run from $900 for a Hesse.......

I don't mean to be too obnoxious, but where in the fark do some of you guys come up with this stuff?

There is no such thing as a pre-ban Hesse.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:58:03 PM EDT
[#14]
He's right about the price..  My wife bought one NIB with collapsable., for $1275.00 about 3 months ago..
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I live in Milwaukee and I've got a 20" A2 and an A1 CAR.  One may go soon.  Both are PWA.

If you're interested, email [email protected]

I've got no issues with you test-firing either, and as private sales are good here, no sales tax either.  

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top