Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2002 1:26:33 PM EDT
I put up a post asking what you have in your collections. I posted what all I had in mine.

I just thought this would be a good post to let other gun collectors talk about or brag about thier collections.

I'm proud of my collection and I thought some of you would be proud of yours too.

But the only responses I got were smartass posts from ignorant people so I just went ahead and deleted the entire post.

I know what you people are thinking. "But the government would see what I have and I can't allow that".

Well people I hate to be the one to break it to ya but they already know what you have. So you can take your tinfoil hats off and stop looking out the window for the black helicopters.

Every time someone posts about a new gun they bought and you say "yeah its a great gun, I love mine" they know you have one.

It was just a simple post and I'm sorry if anyone was offended by it. I honestly could care less what you have in your collection. I just thought it might be interesting to talk about since I was bored today.

Thats about all I have to say so all you folks can flame away on me now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see your original post so I'm not sure what happened but, I think I know what you're talking about.  I personally have no problem with such topics and agree its usually good for discussion and planting seeds of 'what I want next' into people's heads.  Sorry it went bad, try not to let it get you too down.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry NightHawk,

i didn't see your post & i most lykely wud not have posted what guns i have, you may or may not belive me but i have exactly 3 guns that the gvmt. knows i have, all the others either NEVER had paperwork on them or i bought them from private individuals who bought them wythout paperwork.....

in reality tho you are correct, the gvmnt. knows me very very well, hell, they ought to, they trained me !! they have at least 7 sets of finger prints on file on me & a personnel file about 3 inches thick & that was 25 years ago !!

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I posted on your deleted thread.  I was just having a good time and being humourus.  I dont mind posting a list of what I have because I know the man already has the list  Lighten up, serious posts would have soon followed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys for posting what you think.

FMJunie I'm with you. I thought it would be something interesting to share with others and give people ideas on new things to buy.

CactusJack I undersatnd where your coming from and I respect your decision not to post what you have in your collection.

I'm just saying if people don't want to join in on the post, just don't post. Thats fine with me. There is no sense in nameing off water guns or Poke'mon toys. Nobody cares to hear any smartass responses.

I'll be honest, I enjoy this websight for the most part. I've learned alot from here so far and alot of people give some really good advise. I learned how to build my first AR15 from people helping me out on this board.

But there are quite a few smartasses that do nothing to contribute to this board. I've also noticed alot of those same people who flame newcomers that are not as knowledgable about guns as we are. I just don't think thats right.

I don't know everything and I learn something new all the time. For those people that are very helpful to others and myself I know I appriciate the good advice and so do others that need help with the gun questions they have.

I guess I'm just saying if people don't have anything constructive to contribute, they should just keep thier mouths shut.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nobody cares to hear any smartass responses.

Easy there big shooter.  I enjoy coming to the sight for a good laugh.  I just about launched coke all over my monitor when I saw the list of Pokemon stuff.  Repost and I will give you a serious response.  You really need to lighten up.  Life is no fun if you are serious all the time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's see:
Glock 17
H&R .32 revolver
Ruger Mark II Government Model (With the flatsided barrel)
AR-15
SKS
CETME FR-8
Various Shotguns
Remington Nylon 66
Marlin 2000 Biathlon Rifle
Over 100 SMLEs in various models (Number One Mark III, Number One Mark III*, Number Four Mark I, Number Four Mark I*, Number Four Mark II, Number Four Mark 1/2, Number Four Mark 1/3)
Six Ishapore Mark 2A (.308 version of SMLE made in India)

My area of specialization in collecting is the SMLE...

Scott

www.frii.com/~asmle/
Alternate site for AEH...

www.akenfieldhq.com/
Main page of AEH, under update at present...

www.geocities.com/lee_enfield_rifles/LinksPage.html
Other SMLE links page...

(EDITED THREE TIMES TO PUT IN THE LINKS)

Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
On NightHawks behalf I restarted the thread
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I can understand you getting annoyed, but just take it with a grain of salt. Some people just like to have fun and joke around. Theres nothing personal about it.

Besides you sound like one of "those guys" at the ranges.  Everyone knows who I'm talking about....the guys with the bolt actions that hate people rapid firing their "military weapons."  They don't see the point in having anything like what AR15.com is all about.....

So just because you don't see the point in a few guys here letting off some steam and getting a few smiles while at work, etc...doesn't mean we're all a bunch of goof offs.  

I can see you being upset if your post got "hijacked" and somehow it turned to a different subject and that is unfortunate, but when posting a topic its open to everyone (goofs, trolls and the like).......
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
QuikSilver you have me all wrong. I AM the guy with the military weapons. I don't even own a bolt action rifle..LOL

Actually I don't even go to a range, never had to. I live on 35 acres and I have a nice place to shoot.

Maybe I did come off a little strong. schapman43 I know people like to joke around. No hard feelings. Thanks for putting the post back up. I think it will be a good post for others to share what they have and get ideas on thier next gun buys.

Plus its a good way to know if someone else has what your looking for so you can ask thier advice on the gun to see if its something worth buying.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I am one of those smart-asses with nothing to contribute to this site.  I do still try to help when I can though.

I did not see your thread, but I have seen others like it.  I think the worst responses are when a guy with 5 posts asks to see lists of guns and pictures.  Usually posts 1-4 are about legal grey areas or downright illegal things.

While I would never post my entire collection online, you can check my profile for pictures of some of it  If someone bothered to go through the trouble of searching all of my posts, they could probably get a good idea of most of what I have - so what, it's all legal and no one knows where I live.  I don't see anyone going through the trouble though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
NightHawk,you have no reason to apologize.  As for me, I just have a Bushy 20" A2.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Let's see: M1 Garand,M1A,Bushmaster 16",Colt pre-ban Gov't carbine,Super Redhawk,2 1911's,shotguns,.22's.What I would like? Any thing I ain't got.
Praise God and Keep your powder Dry!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Nighthawk, I'm with ya brother!
Let's see, I LOVE to talk about and showboat my "babies"!

I have a Colt Match HBAR (preban) with a flat top upper, harris bipod, simmons 3x9x32 scope. The furniture is OD green, she a beauty!

Next is my Eagle Arms (preban) that was stripped down to the lower and replaced with all new Bushy parts and an upper. It's in a CAR-15 configuration. 11.5" bar w/ 5.5" flashsupressor and 4 pos collapsable stock. I LOVE THIS ONE! It has to be my favorite.

Third is my Colt SP1, made in '72 (18,XXX) and looks like it's new. I call this my "investment AR". It doesn't get shot.

Fourth is my Colt Match HBAR with an A1 upper. This rifle is like new but I'm under way with a special project on it. Probably going to get another set of furniture. It's preban also.

I bought two (post ban) stripped lowers from a guy in the EE forums. One's an OLY the other is a DPMS. I will build my wife an AR out of one of those. I'm going to let her decide what type of set up she wants.

I don't want to forget to mention my Powder Springs MAC-10 in .45acp (NFA Weapon) yes, full auto and yes, the Gubmit knows I have this one, after all, I paid $200 so that they WOULD know it. LOL.

Last but not least are my Colt .45 autos. Two M1991a1's and a stainless Gov't Model Mark IV Series 80.

OH YEAH and LOTS of mags for all.

Sorry 'bout the long post.
Just shop talk and braggin'!
Ya'll have a good weekend.
Colt
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I also have never had any problem mentioning the firearms in my collection on this board. EVERY SINGLE FIREARM I OWN HAS A FORM #4473 SIGNED BY ME. I do not have any firearms through private purchases. One of these days I will get around to photographing them all, and I promise I will post the photo on this site. I'm not paranoid about the government knowing what I have. They'll never get them from me anyway, so why hide the fact that I own them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top