Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2002 10:36:14 AM EDT
I was just looking around not intending to spend much money at the Saxet gunshow in San Antonio last wwekend when I saw something that cought my eye.  It was what I thought was a preban AR-15A2, but it was marked Hesse HAR-15.  I asked the dealer if it was preban and he told me, "Nope, it is a NIB registered machine gun made by Hesse in 1984 and converted to full auto in 1985."  He also said that for $1000 plus $200 transfer tax he would sell it to me.  I was really excited and then he told me that he would take care of all the paperwork and that I could leave the $200 tax with him to sweeten the deal.  I told him that I would rather have a Colt but he said that Hesse was better than Colt and that the USMC now uses Hesse.  He also gave me 6 USA brand 30 round magizines and a rare 20 round Colt that was used in Vietnam!  I took it out to the range after I bought it on Saturday and it functioned good with no major problems.  I am really excited about this find.  What do yall think about my $1200 out the door M-16?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
first:
welcome to the board...

secound:
I taught you couldnt take possesion of the weapon untill the paper work cleared.

Third:
If you really got an NFA M16 for 1200 .. you have got to be the luckiest guy alive and your dealer the dumbest ass in the world...!  

Good luck!

edited to add ****

Man I hate to do this on your first post.. but I just dont believe you..

Pls prove me wrong..  send me the weapon to see for myself..
PS dont forget the tax stamp also..
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Rather than call him a TROLL, we should assume that he clearly was writing this tongue in cheek as a comedic parody at some of the other posts on this site.  Unless of course he is a TROLL.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#5]
i think you were robbed. i'll give you $100 for it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I am writing this in case you are not a troll (a slim chance judging from how many hot buttons your post hit).

Last time I checked M-16's were selling for a minimum of $4500 for the beat to hell ones.

The paper work for an NFA transfer takes a long time, and the seller can't just "take care of it." Furthermore you can't take possesion of the weapon until all of this is done.

Hesse makes the worst weapons in the market, and have never had a military contract. There quality is signifcantly beneath Colt's.

Colt 20 rounders are anything but rare, and USA mags are a total crapshoot as far as quality.

Most manufacturers marked their receivers AR-15 prior to the Assault Weapons ban of 1994. They had to change that to make their post ban guns legal. I don't know the specifics of Hesse, but this would lead me to believe that your receiver was made after Sept. 13, 1994.

All in all I would say you have been ripped off royally. The best thing you can do is destroy the gun and delete this post to protect your self from a felony charge and a subsequent ten year stay in club fed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Kyle
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Kyle

It would have been easier and faster to do this---->
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoa dude, you really messeded up
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I was just looking around not intending to spend much money at the Saxet gunshow in San Antonio last wwekend when I saw something that cought my eye.  It was what I thought was a preban AR-15A2, but it was marked Hesse HAR-15.  I asked the dealer if it was preban and he told me, "Nope, it is a NIB registered machine gun made by Hesse in 1984 and converted to full auto in 1985."  He also said that for $1000 plus $200 transfer tax he would sell it to me.  I was really excited and then he told me that he would take care of all the paperwork and that I could leave the $200 tax with him to sweeten the deal.  I told him that I would rather have a Colt but he said that Hesse was better than Colt and that the USMC now uses Hesse.  He also gave me 6 USA brand 30 round magizines and a rare 20 round Colt that was used in Vietnam!  I took it out to the range after I bought it on Saturday and it functioned good with no major problems.  I am really excited about this find.  What do yall think about my $1200 out the door M-16?

Have fun at gladiator school.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Seriously, did I buy something illegal?  If so, how do i legally register it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Destroy the fire control parts in the gun RIGHT NOW.

If you ever, EVER see that man at a gunshow, on the street, in a movie theater, or coming out of a restaurant bathroom, call the Sheriff's department immediately.

I'm not kidding.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#12]
You can NOT register that gun now, there is NO way to do it without risking years in prison.  The number of transferable M16s was FROZEN by the federal government in 1986, the number of legal M16s in private hands right now has stayed the same since that time, no more, no less.  If you try to register it you will only tip off the authorities that you are in possession of an illegal assault weapon, and you will become headline of the week in the local papers.

The only way you can possibly own a machine gun made after 1986 is to be a law enforcemnt officer and fill out a boatload of paperwork AHEAD of time, or to get a Class 2 manufacturer's license, which will cost you about $1000 in taxes EVERY YEAR that you hold the license, and involves another boatload of paperwork that must be done AHEAD of time.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#13]
hessem16,

yupp you have fvckedup big tyme, unless of course you are jerking us around, no one can be that dumb !! dealer or buyer !!

ooooops...! i just bought a post-ban lower wyth a pre-ban upper...!! what the hell am i saying.....? i at least got my money back, your chances of getting your money back are....., are you a

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#14]
This can't really be true, right?!?

Did I just step into the Twilight Zone?

the only way I could think this is even remotely possible is that some ass made an illegal M16 or stole one and needed to get rid of it and found some sucker to buy it.

But to take it to a gunshow and sell it!?!?

Can you imagine the flack that guy would have taken from somone who even had a clue - not to mention the other dealers or the off duty LEO's

Please....

What a load of bullshit (pardon my language)

TROLL

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome back McUzi.  LOL
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I'm not going to post anything new.

Troll or dumbass, you pick.

Actually, now that I've read the post again, he's a troll!

He hits like every single point in that post!
Knowone could hit that many points being as new as a member as he his. (and it just so happens, he chooses the "dark side" on all of the points.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
First of all, the Marines don't use POS Hesse weapons.  All of the U.S. Military;s M16's are made by Fabrique Nationale.  Furthermore, these USA mags are worthless POS's themselves, and Colt 20 rounders are not rare.  You either have a stolen/ghetto-rigged gun, or you are wasting our time.  I think you are wasting our time anyway.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#20]
hessem16, did you find a good deal on carrots while you were there?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
"Nope, it is a NIB registered machine gun made by Hesse in 1984 and converted to full auto in 1985."  

Here's more BS.  If it was manufactured as an MG, why would it need to be converted?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Nope, it is a NIB registered machine gun made by Hesse in 1984 and converted to full auto in 1985."  

Here's more BS.  If it was manufactured as an MG, why would it need to be converted?

Maybe the meant "Nope, it is a NIB registered machine ORIGINALLY made by Hesse in 1984 and THEN converted to full auto in 1985."

Scott

Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
HESSE.....Man them is SWEET!
5 cents to cross the bridge....said the
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Just saw some black helicopters headed southwest...
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey, that's great!  Now I know of a good way to get $1200 for a Hesse!  Add a few parts and sell it to a complete idiot.

If you are even remotely serious, you are screwed.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#27]
And what form did he transfer ownership to you on?

Since Sept. 11th you are looking at about 6-8mos for approvals direct.  State to state even longer.  

If you get caught you are probably looking @ 5-10...........
Years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#28]
come on, man.  M16 for $1200?  You should have immediately found out that something was fishy.  If it really was just a post-ban lower w/ a pre-ban upper, you have become a victim of a "pigeon hunter"!hock.gif
Run away from them...far away!
Back to hell with them!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey! Maybe Blaze does have a machinegun.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys are full of it.  Stop trying to scare the guy.

BATF regs say ANY weapon with USA mags is a single shot and cannot be considered full auto because of extreme, well documented and pervasive POSism in the USA mag fabrication process.

Keep a USA mag in the weapon and you're good to go.

Troll.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Seriously, did I buy something illegal?  If so, how do i legally register it?

Knock, knock....

Who's there?

BATF!

BATF who?

BATF-in-idiot!

Hey guys I just bought a stolen car, I'd better go register it to make it legal!

223REM
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe the dealer is the dumbasss!  A friend of mine just bought a Colt SAA in 32 WCF and a Winchester leveraction in 32 WCF for $1000, both in great condition.  
But then again,  the dealer took the $200 transfer....so maybe the dealer just recognized a dumbass.
If you're not a troll,  sorry for the dumbass remarks, and get rid of the fire control parts quick until you can ascertain the dealers name and if you possibly got the deal of the century and the ngo about a legal transfer through a class three dealer!
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I know I'm gonna wish I hadn't said anything, but on the one in a million chance that this deal actually went through, and I doubt it, you have a number of options.
1. If this rifle will indeed go full auto, that is, rat-tat-tat-tat-tat etc. (Yeah I know the sound effects suck) contact the dealer and take it back to him NOW.  As it already been said here, you cannot take possession of a machine gun until the paperwork clears.

2. If he will not take it back, you take it to the BATF and turn it in.

OKAY EVERYONE! STOP THROWING ROCKS AND LISTEN.

"Knowingly and intentionally" plays a big part here.  I say this because if he did sell you an illegal machine gun, this is the kind of guy that sooner or later will step in it and go to jail. If his records are confiscated, guess whose name they'll find. If you bought this from a dealer and got a receipt, you bought it in good faith, thinking you really lucked out.  At least that's what you posted. If it really is illegal, the longer you hold on to it, the worse it will look for you.  What I'm trying to say it to absolve yourself of it.  I'm not saying to get in bed with the BATF, FBI or any other LEOs. I'm as pro gun as anyone but I see no reason to check into Club Fed over a machine gun and a Hesse at that. If you don't believe  what others here said about Hesse, go to the FN FAL websites that offer gunsmithing and see what they say about Hesse receivers.  
I'm going to don my fire suit now and wait for the flames.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
An M16 with USA mags, isn't that ironic!!!!  

Maybe he dose have a M-16, and it is legally not select fire because of the mags.  Even the ATF would not call it full auto when you use USA mags.

J/K 10-X
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm pretty sure Hesse wasn't around in '84 making M16's. I think they started making a bad name for themselves in 1997 or 1998. There is no chance that this guy is in posession of a legal Hesse M16. He sounds like a kid that knows a little, but not enough about the difference between a AR15 and a M16, after all the media doesn't know there is a difference!

I almost forgot...... GO HOME!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top