Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 1:48:09 PM EDT

I picked up the M4A3 (14.5" barrel with Mini-Y comp attached) at the BRC with the carry handle, for $603 (10% discount). Came home and mounted it on a RRA lower with fixed M4 stock.

Bushmaster doesn't offer the M4 handguards on their M4 rifles, so I picked up a set from a local board member (Thanks, Princeton).

The Mini-Y comp may well be the most annoying muzzle brake I've ever shot, and that includes my CETME, who's muzzle break makes everyone near the rifle cringe. The Mini-Y is the first break I've ever used that directed muzzle blast back TOWARDS the shooter.

The upper was accurate enough. I was shooting iron sights only, and after a few break in mags, the rifle put 30 rounds of cheap SA 55gr into an 18" circle in 60 seconds. Show fire with M855 resulted in a 3" group. Shots were fired in the sitting position with no rifle rest.

All in all I like the upper, especially since I added the M4 handguards, but the jury is still out on the Mini-Y comp.

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The Mini-Y comp may well be the most annoying muzzle brake I've ever shot, and that includes my CETME,

Man, I've only heard about how loud the Y-comps are, but the CETME comment really puts it in perspective!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it to Kurt's Kustom or Cavalry Arms, and get them to sh*t-can the Y-comp, and put on one of theirs. I've read good reviews of both.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Zardoz mentioned:

Send it to Kurt's Kustom or Cavalry Arms, and get them to sh*t-can the Y-comp, and put on one of theirs. I've read good reviews of both.  

I've got a CavComp on another rifle. MAybe I'll try Kurt for this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top