Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2002 4:06:46 PM EDT
I stopped by my neighborhood gun shop to pick up some ammo and what did I spy?  A used Beretta 92FS sitting on the shelf.  Just traded in last weekend.  It only has one 10 rnd mag and no box.  I looked at it and it was in pretty darn good shape.  A few nicks here and there but good otherwise.  The price was marked at $449.00.  I stood and hummed and hawed for a while and the young sales guy said he'd go down to $439.00.  SOLD!  I asked if they would through in a free pistol rug.....that didn't go over very well...  I've been looking for one for years but never "pulled the trigger".  Now I have!  Cool, cool, COOL!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the 92.  I traded my Taurus 92 about two years ago for a Beretta 92FS and have never looked back.  IMHO, the Beretta 92FS & the Glock 17 are the best large frame 9mm out there period.  I think your are going to immensely enjoy your 92fs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the Beretta reduced power trigger unit.  Really improves the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buy beretta mags for carry-cdnn has them
I have had luck with asian military but don't have any Mec-gar which are supposed to be good.

My 20 round USA's work and are fun

Buy ammo bulk, these are right up there with a 10/22 for going through ammo quickly.

Do you have a link for cdnn?  I've wanted to get a 92FS since I first saw the movie Lethal Weapon....been a while, huh?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my 92fs. I have a few Asian military mags, a bunch of factory and Mecgar mags and they all work well ( although I only carry it with the factory mags).

I have the Hogue wrap-around grips, they make a world of difference to me.

I've never been as happy with the accuracy of any handgun I have ever bought.

The only thing I don't like about it is how much ammo it eats at the range! I have found that the cheapest way to shoot is to get the Winchester 100 round bonus packs from Walmart for $10.99 a box. They shoot well for cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The Promag's from Cdnn work well. Congrats
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome to the club of owning the best handgun in the world (IMHO).  I love that gun to pieces, and will probably shoot it until it IS in pieces.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Welcome to the club of owning the best handgun in the world (IMHO).  I love that gun to pieces, and will probably shoot it until it IS in pieces.

Mike

Dakota, what town ya in in ND?  I'm in Fargo.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm Sorry...............
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!! I own two. I also have HK Usp 9mm, Glock 17 9mm, my Berettas are by far the best of my 9mm weapons. I also admit that I bought my first Beretta after watching Lethal Weapon.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never had a problem with any of the Berettas I own...

My favorite is the 96FS with factory trijicon sites, and a Hogue wrap-around grip...

Best advice I can offer, is to stay FAR away from aftermarket mags for these guns...

We have customers at the gunshop trading in Berettas all the time...
They bitch about how unreliable they are, and every one has an aftermarket shit mag in it...
Pop in a factory Beretta mag, and they work fine...

I've owned at least 4 or 5 different 92's & 96's, and never had ANY problems with them...

Super duper guns if you ask me...

If you need any factory 15rd mags, drop me an email, we have tons of them at the shop...

ART

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Dakota, what town ya in in ND?  I'm in Fargo.

Yeah, I live in Fargo too.  I guess that's not a huge surprise since a full 1/7th of the state lives here.  Hey, if you want to hit the range some time, drop me a line.  

[email protected]

Mike
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Get the Beretta reduced power trigger unit.  Really improves the trigger pull.

Where does one get one of those?
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I own a Beretta 92FS also. Most reliable gun out on the market in my opinion.

I use my Beretta as my main conceal carry firearm, and I use it for USPSA/IPSA competition shooting. Yea I gatta shoot production class, but I figure mine as well compete with what you are going to carry with to get the best practice shooting under stress.

Beretta 92FS, fine firearm and very accurate.

I have two 15 round pro mag magazines that I bought from cdnn investments. These mags work great. I also have the 10 round factory mags that came with the gun, these work great also.

Dont buy the cheap mags, the ones with the flat steel floor plate on the magazine. These usually run for about $9-$12 a piece. I made this mistake. Those mags suck. Pay a little more for good mags. I think I paid $14 a piece for my pro mag magazines on cdnn investments.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#18]
You'll probably enjoy it.  I have a 92FS I bought for $350.  The finish was a little worn off on the high spots but it came with night sights and a hi-cap.  Until a couple weeks ago it was on nightstand duty for a few years.

I like mine OK but it makes my hand feel too small.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I also have a 92FS. Great gun!

The Promags seem to work fine, I bought 4 from CDNN. Put about 250 rounds thru each one (FMJ and JHP), no failures. The FMJ was Winchester white-box, JHP was Federal Hydra-shok.

I also bought the Houge wrap-around grips, makes a huge differnece for me!

Av.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:58:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Been running an FS since 88 or 89.  Great guns. Never, repeat, never jammed.  Would feed rocks if I could stuff them in the magazine.

Wolf spring kit a worthwhile investment.  Gun shoots better than I do, which isn't saying much, I'll admit.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]
The Asian Military mags from CDNN are good quality mags.  The have aluminum floorplates and followers and work flawlessly in my 92.  Congrats!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Bobcole and anybody else who wants aftermarket parts for the Beretta:

Wolff makes several spring kits for the Beretta.  Brownells has them or you can look around to find them cheaper.

www.langdontactical.com has afetmarket parts, and Ernest is THE man to talk to about work in Berettas.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I recently had the chance to use a 92FS and I am better with it that I am with my 2 year old Sig 226 9mm..Hmmmmmmm. And yes I like the 92FS a lot.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Basically...

ditto what everybody else said.

The 92FS is great shooter.  Accurate and reliable.  

The factory mags, "Asian contract" and ProMags all work well.  The Eagle mags actually worked OK in my 92-Inox, but they look really, really cheap.  Not recommended.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top