Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2002 4:30:25 PM EDT
the thread about how to make your ar as reliable as it can be kind of got me thinking.i just bought my bushmaster and im looking at it as i make this thread and im thinking to myself,"is this gun going to function  well in any type of condition or just slow fireing". so now i ask you if there is any upgrades that i can get for the gun that that make it function properly in no matter what condition, i.e. springs,trigger,and anything else that will make it function tha way i want it to.

secondly,is cleaning. I know there is various manufactures of gun oils but for this particular rifle and i want to know what your experiences are with them and which of them to you give good lubercation and consistencey. also what do you guys do with grease. i know that you guys put grease in some areas butyou oil others and i know that some of you just lightly grease you whole gun.

also whats the best place to find some good usgi mags with green followers.

thank you

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The only thing that gives ARs problems is sandy conditions. But that true for almost all semis.

I use Hoppes #9 and mineral spirits, whichever is on hand & use Breakfree for lube. I never use grease on an AR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top