Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 8:22:02 PM EDT
I'm looking into ordering some Post ban new AR-15 parts and maybe a complete weapon etc. on-line. I was wondering what do i have to use a FFL middle man for?  When it comes to uppers, lowers, and complete guns, under what circumstances do i need an FFL. Another important question is what is the charge for a FFL middle man is it a percentage thing or a flat rate or what? What should I know so that i don't get ripped off? I live in Texas if that helps anyone with a reply.

Thanks,

---the not quite ARmed guy
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Lowers or complete guns you will have to have shipped to an FFL. Other parts can be shipped to your home.  Price depends on the FFL you are dealing with.  Some charge $20 or $25 or whatever. Some might not charge anything.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The lower is the regulated part whether it's a complete weapon or just a lower.That's why they have serial #.Uppers,barrels etc anybody can order.You should find somebody to do the transaction for $20-$30
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Question.

Is a FFL receiving a gun for you from out of state required to collect State Sales Tax ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 5:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Question.

Is a FFL receiving a gun for you from out of state required to collect State Sales Tax ?

No, sir. It is up to you to include that purchase on your state taxes at the end of the year. I believe it is called "Use Tax" or something of that nature. The transfer dealer should not collect sales tax.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lowers or complete guns you will have to have shipped to an FFL. Other parts can be shipped to your home.  Price depends on the FFL you are dealing with.  Some charge $20 or $25 or whatever. Some might not charge anything.

I know one FFL charges 50 dollars on transfers!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top