Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 3:12:51 PM EDT
I'm currently looking to buy an AR-15, but confused on which one.  Bushmaster, Arma, RRA.  I would like to buy one that is already loaded with options such as the Wilson Combat UT, but don't want to be raped by Wilson.  Is there any companies similar to Wilson that takes a basic Bushy and modifies them with all the goodies?  I know people are going to tell me to do it myself, but I'm not quite at that level yet.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushy will  trick em out as will Rock River Arms...   Check their websites...
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA CAN BUILD YOU TWO GUNS FOR WILSONS PRICE
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Lately RRA seems to be giving the most bang for the buck. I bought a complete RRA lower back in December. I've owned Colt's. Bushmasters and a PWA. RRA is as good as any of those.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster was the weapon that got me hooked on ARs.

You'll never go back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#5]
A Colt!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
This is really easy... Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
go bushmaster!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you want to do with it?

What do you expect it to do?  

I recommend buying the most rifle you can afford, but at the top end you have diminishing returns.  For example:  If you buy a $1600 over an $800 model do you double the performance?  I would answer the first two questions and that will help decide.  My personal choice is:

ArmaLite
Bushmaster
Colt
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I own 2 Colts and have never had any malf with either of them and I am not exactly fastidious about cleaning them. They shoot well.

That said, I would love to own an RRA. I stopped by their shop last year at Camp Perry and I was very impressed with the fit and finish of these rifles. The folks in the shop were very friendly and helpful also.

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#10]
if'n it were me....., buying a present day manufacture, it wud be Bushy...., BUT !! OTH, if'n you buy Colt.., buy pre-ban !!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Hello, BOG.

I would buy a COLT.  With Colt there is NO Compromise in quality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a bushmaster A2 yesterday.  It came with 1 10 round mag, 2 30 round mags, a muzzle break, and the fixed "collapsible" stock.  I was happy with the package.  Haven't had time to try it out yet though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Bushmaster

GIB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top