Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 5/31/2002 7:12:58 PM EDT
Like I posted traded a Ruger#1 stainless with laminated stock in 45/70 Gov. Got in trade a new 100& 22 year old browning model 2000 12 gauge,vented ribbed , steel shot 2 and3/4 inc 30 inch barrel. Flawless never been shot ,or wood dulled or scratched. Built in Belgium auto-matic shot-gun.

I know the gas rings must be dried out by now if they are rubber,right?

Also got an EAA stainless witness in .45 acp ,my friend wants to trade me a Walther P-38 (P1) I would say made in France,with two mags,holster,cleaning kit so on. Should I keep the Witness It's made in Italy and doesn't have the connector link pinned to the barrell like the 1911.

Has a rotating lug devise (like the star pistols) What I am wanting to know is the Walther a Good stand up pistol,as it has duel springs(like the desert eagle) in smaller form.

I see two return springs as being twice the trouble to worry about wearing out.

Both are about equal in price! What do you guys think,other than both guns probably are a POS. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Bob
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2002 9:14:00 PM EDT by bobbyjack]
No hurry guys As I don't get a chance to do this till monday,would like any input on the walther p-38 P1 . The only reason I am making all these strange trades is I have many guns(have posted them here but no takers) is to trade guns for other guns that I know some friends would like to buy.

We had a sudden death in family and am selling a lot it not all my guns,some are just not what everybody wants. So tappdancing around all possibilies.

Thanx Bob
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:14:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:22:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aimless:

Try posting in the Walther section-handguns.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=27

Hannah_Reitsch seems to really know her stuff and she is very conscientious about responding quickly and keeping an eye on her forums.

Dude, aren't you like 9 hours into a 19 hour drive, or did I post my intimate memories of my Chevelle for nothing?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:35:25 PM EDT

traded a Ruger#1 stainless with laminated stock in 45/70 Gov.

My dream gun! I saw a blued one in a shop Tuesday. I'm going to have to sell blood or something like that to buy either that or a Marlin stainless lever action in 45/70. The price is just too steep for me.

The Walther sounds just like the ones AIM Surplus (www.aimsurplus.com) advertised for sale a few months ago. If I remember correctly, the ad said that the pistol was a copy of the Walther, and that it was made in France. Again, my memory might be incorrect, but I didn't sound like those were actually made by Walther. If you hit a dead-end on finding info about it, a call to AIM might help.z
Top Top