Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 3:53:13 AM EDT
Stupid question....

If I have an Olympic lower, will a Bushmaster or Colt upper work on it? Or are there glaring differences that I am unaware of?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:59:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Early model Colts have a larger front pivot pin, as long as you avoid them you'll have no problems mating your lower (which has small pivot pin) to any brand of upper.

Here's a good site on this subject: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/uppers/

Mike
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Mike,

I guess my greeness is showing through.

Won't be long before my BM Varminter is home w/ me. Just a little more I need to save up.

I already have a stockpile of American Eagle (pretty sure that's what it is) .223 and six 30 rd mags that a friend gave me years ago. He was fresh out of the Special Forces...not sure how he came to keep them (along with a few manuals) but he gave it all to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top