Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 6:39:39 AM EDT
I got my C&R License and I need a bound book. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got my C&R License and I need a bound book. Any suggestions where I can find one?

Thanks

Get your hands on a copy of the "Gun List" as there's a guy who has been advertising bound books on the front page for years.  (That's where I found my original bound book.)

If you have a problem locating a copy of the "Gun List" let me know and I'll hunt one down for you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You can get them from Brownells, too.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just use a ledger type note book for my bound book.  As long as you get all the information required by BATF, it doesn't matter if you use some kind of "formal" bound book or not.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]
You can download the forms for a "Bound Book" at this site.  

http://users.pld.com/willj/curio/downloadable.htm

Print it out, put them in a binder, and your in business.  Also, the price is right....FREE!

Enjoy that C&R!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can get them from Brownells, too.

I always forget Brownells.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a word of caution about Brownells.  They do not offer a bound book in the format prescribed by the BATF for C&R holders.  The only reason I know this is I called to double-check after consulting their catalog.  

Glockdiver's link or cruffler.com will hook you up with free pages that you can copy and put in a binder.  

Good luck, and happy cruffling!
Sam
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to this site and you can download an Excel page or PDF file for your bound book pages.  I use this one for my C&R collecting:

pub42.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm72.showMessage?topicID=278.topic

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies. I have access to some great double sided laser printers at work. I may even try to get our print shop to print them out and run them through their little spiral bound machine. With a cover on the front that would be nice and neat.

The other thing about the cost of the one from Brownell's is, the postage is twice what the book costs.

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. I have access to some great double sided laser printers at work. I may even try to get our print shop to print them out and run them through their little spiral bound machine. With a cover on the front that would be nice and neat.

The other thing about the cost of the one from Brownell's is, the postage is twice what the book costs.

LOL, that's true.  But everytime I order something from Brownells, I usually find at least 5 or 6 other things that "I can't live without".  So, I generally get my money's worth with the shipping charge.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, OMT...be SURE and send a copy of your C&R to Brownell's.  I'm no gunsmith, but I LOVE that place!  I've saved many, many times the cost of my license in getting their dealer discounts on things.

Sam
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Oh, OMT...be SURE and send a copy of your C&R to Brownell's.  I'm no gunsmith, but I LOVE that place!  I've saved many, many times the cost of my license in getting their dealer discounts on things.

Sam

Great idea! Let me find a stamp!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top