Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 3:30:52 PM EDT
    Anybody shot one in 9mm?    Are they any good?     Good CCW?   Thanks...
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#1]
splicer:

Guns&Weapons for Law Enforcement FEB 2002 issue, page 34 has an article on the 9000 in .40 S&W.
The writer says he's going to look at the 9mm version for his dept. and detectives, as the 92 is their issue weapon.
He makes a good point for getting the model 9000 in DAO because the safety works opposite of the 92/96 FS models.
The good thing about the 9000 is it's magazines are interchangeable with the 92/96 series pistols.
It's a good article.
The gun is sized right for shooting and it's accurate.
You might find an issue somewhere and read the article.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]

The good thing about the 9000 is it's magazines are interchangeable with the 92/96 series pistols.

No they don't.  Not without an adapter of some kind at any rate.  The mag well of the 9000 is wider than the mag well of the 92 so the magazine would rattle around.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they good for CCW?  Well....

I would say "No" for a couple of reasons.  First, the Berettas are quite thick which is usually not the greatest CCW character trait.  Also, you want it in 9mm which would never be my first pick of a CCW caliber.

In all honestly, the 1911 is quite a good CCW weapon because it's narrow, and it's usually a .45acp...one shot dropper!  If you have to have 9mm, go with a Browning HiPower which is even thinner than the 1911, but is designed very similar (no wonder, John Browing designed them both).  Plus, a HP can be purchased cheaper than a Beretta, and has a wider availability of parts.

I would say "Yes" it's a good CCW weapon only if you have no other alternatives.  That is to say, better to have ANYTHING than nothing at all.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No they don't.  Not without an adapter of some kind at any rate.  The mag well of the 9000 is wider than the mag well of the 92 so the magazine would rattle around.

Thanks for adding that, 'cuz I forgot to...
In the article, the author said "it will take the magazines of its bigger brother the 92/96 with the use of the optional spacer accessory."

Good luck in your search for a concealed carry pistol, splicer.
Check this out:
www.berettaforum.net/
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll have to agree with the Beretta thickness comment-it's what "forced" me(heh, heh) to buy a Sig P239. Maybe as thick, but 1/2 lb lighter. And the Hi-power (dream, dream) I'll get one sometime in the future, that's for sure. The guy I go shooting with all the time has one in .40, and DAMN is it nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top