Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 12:39:30 PM EDT
I've been thinking of putting a scope on top of my handle of my AR and was thinking a little small 4x or something like that.. anyone have any good suggestions?  ACOG is out of the question. I would love to have one but i'm looking at like 150-300 bucks for a good reliable scope for now..

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just mounted a Weaver V16 4X16 on top of my Colt MT6530 today.

Optics are quite good for a $229 dollar scope.
Rifle and scope shot well under minute of groundhog which was all I was after.

Scope looks a little large for this rifle but it still carries well.

If you are going to mount a scope on top of the carry handle you might want to think about a cheekpiece also.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to budget for a mount as well.

Some of the best prices on scopes can be found at S.W.F.A. - www.swfa.com/
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
yes.. its going on top of the carry handle...  I would put a ACOG on it but I might as well buy another AR then.. the thing I like about a little rail that screws into the carry handle is I won't have to buy a wider case to accomodate the scope.. i can just unscrew the little rail and sit it aside...
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Also where would one find a cheekpiece that goes on the AR?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt makes a scope just for the AR's that sounds just exactly like what you are looking for. If I remember correctly www.deltaforce.com has them. Might check there. These are small scopes that go up to about 4 or 5x. You will probably be able to find the mounts there too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also where would one find a cheekpiece that goes on the AR?

www.cheekpieces.com
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you considered the ATN scopes... the 5x33 has a drop compensator, a lighted reticle and is accurate all for $239.95

Great scope
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking of getting a Aimpoint... looks badass.. are they pretty good?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top