Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 10:53:16 AM EDT
I think the Bill Goodman gunshow is comeing next weekend june 1st and 2nd.

I missed the last show but I plan on going to this one. I know it'll be the same ol' overpriced stuff but I might luck up and find some good deals on mags or something.

I could use some uzi, M1 carbine, and mini 14 mags. I might even get a few more AR15 mags who knows. 24 just doesn't seem to be enough just yet..LOL

What I'm really looking for is a preban AK47 underfolder with folding bayonet. There getting harder and harder to find.

I might even take my Desert Eagal 44 mag and try to sell it or trade it if I can find a good deal. Its polished chrome with two mags and hogue finger groove grips in a factory case. I bought it new and only put less than 50 rds through it.

If anyone is going to the show maybe we could shoot the breeze and swap some good gun advice.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
May I suggest you save your money & go to the Pope show at the end of June?  Much much better show.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 1:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Nighthawk,Phil's Gun Shop in Memphis,TN has exactly what you are looking for.(preban AK/underfolder/folding bayonet)
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Hawk, I went to the last one. not much to look at, oh ok, there was a full house, but still, i counted only a dozen and half AR's, and only about 4 of them were pre ban. i don't think that show is the one for good pre ban stuff, but that's just my opinion. (i know you're looking for an AK, but still......not much pre ban to choose from)

i've been to the pope show, and i agree with BobCole, it's a good show.

Nation Gun Day is coming to Louisville, KY in june or july and they've got 1200 tables. NOW THAT'S A GUN SHOW!

colt, out.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Hawk:  My office is next to the fairgrounds, so I usually hit the Goodman show.  Last two have been kind of weak.  BTW, you could not find a decent AR mag for less than $28 at last show.  I'd wait for the Pope show.  
Speaking of Pope, where's it gouing to be this year?  I've heard its not at the Expo center.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I know the Goodman show isn't that great but hey its not too bad of a way to kill a few hours.

I like the Bob Pope show alot better myself but since his show is moving from the Expo center I didn't mind driving a little further to the fairgrounds.

I thought his next show was sometime in August. I could be wrong but thats what I heard when I was at his last show at the expo center. Not sure where its moving to yet.

As far as mags go there is always this one table selling AR 30rd Okay mags NIW for $25 each. I know its not the cheapest but the Okay mags work the best in my rifles.

Hey Mac-Daddy do they have a websight or a phone number you could give me? I'd like to check it out.

Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hawk:  My office is next to the fairgrounds, so I usually hit the Goodman show.  Last two have been kind of weak.  BTW, you could not find a decent AR mag for less than $28 at last show.  I'd wait for the Pope show.  
Speaking of Pope, where's it gouing to be this year?  I've heard its not at the Expo center.  

Correct, Pope's new shows will be at the old Wally World building in Smyrna. It's the Almaville Rd. exit from I-24. I think the date is June 22 & 23. Again, parking will be free.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wondering if bob pope has one in two different places at once im looking at one of his schedules it sayes I-75 merchants expo june 22-23 here in knoxville.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just wondering if bob pope has one in two different places at once im looking at one of his schedules it sayes I-75 merchants expo june 22-23 here in knoxville.  

Bob no longer does Knoxville shows. I'm getting my info from Bob's assistant who lives in my neighborhood. She says "here".  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Bobcole for the info, that just ruined my june i guess i'll have to drive to nashville to catch his show. that chaps my ass, i was looking forward to his show. thanks!

tnrifleman
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be at the fairgrounds show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top