Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 10:56:36 AM EDT
I'm not trying to promote anything just wondering if anyone has any idea wether or not it's worth driving 60 miles to check out this show?

9th Annual Militaria Gun & Knife Show Sale  June 1-2  
Military Firearms & other; Flags & Historical Items; Military Surplus, Ammo, etc. Eastern States Exposition, Young Bldg, 1305 Memorial Ave, West Springfield, MA. Show Hours: Sat. 9-5; Sun. 9-3. General Info: 413 737-2443
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it has the normal amount of stuff, parts vendors, and usally overpriced guns. They have a little more mil surp stuff at this show, but frankly its mostly the same vendors.
If you are on the hunt for some parts or a certain gun it is a nice way to blow and afternoon or morning. They also get you for parking now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go, dude.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to pick up some powder.

Do you have directions?
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to the show looking for some good deals on ammo but their wasn't any. Is it illegal to sell ammo at that show? I saw a add for the show and ammo was on the list of things for sale.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#5]
No things may have changed up there, but about 8 or 9 years ago I went to a show there at the Big "E" and the ammo was not in the building. It was in a parking lot near another building. Close by but you could miss it if you went out a wrong door. I remember as I was looking for some 38-55 ammo for my Win lever action. Didn;t find any of that or any 38 acp. ammo either. That was when I decided to get a Dillon 550. No more looking for ammo, just make it. How was the show nowadays anyway?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I attended that show. Just a few vendors there selling AR type parts. I was mainly looking for Pre1898 long arms and came up with a few nice examples.

Gew88 Turk rebuild
Gew88 Dazing 1890
M1891 Mauser (Peru)
M95 Steyr

Good selection of books there also.

They did have an ammo tent area just outside one of the doors. No good deals there though. Cheaper to just get from Ammoman, or pay shipping from one of the other mail order houses. They also had reloads there, but I tend to stay away from NO-NAME gun show reloads.

Over-all it was worth my time to go.

OSA
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Do you have directions?

Want to Car Pool?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have directions?

Want to Car Pool?

Sounds like a plan sailor!
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a long drive, but I think it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2002 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
You DAMN 'Arazonians' got a show out there EVERY weekend somewhere in that great state.Stop polking fun!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#11]
that's true. but they always fall on weekends that i'm broke.

maybe its cuz i'm always broke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top