Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 10:04:31 PM EDT
Is $157 for a Henry mini bolt (youngsters .22) a good price? I want to get one for my 12 year old niece and I found some on Gunbroker for that price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:11:05 AM EDT
MSRP is $169.95. A local dealer has one for $175. I'd say $157 is a pretty good price for it.

The Mini-Bolt looks like a great beginners rifle. The William's Fire-Sights are a nice touch and sure to make it easier for young shooters. I've thinking about getting one for my 6 year old daughter and letting her pop balloons with it from 20' or so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:37:52 AM EDT
The only down side to the Henry is no scope mount. I bought my boys several years ago the Davy Cricket. Same idea as the Henry only blued with a walnut stock. Later we added a scope. We purchased the mount direct from the company. Starting them young is a joy. MIKE
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 4:50:24 AM EDT
i personally belive the Henry is the best "small".22 rifle on the market today........

can't mount a scope ?? i belive the one i saw had the dovetail cut into the top of the receiver........?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 7:29:26 AM EDT
Well, crap! I just called Henry and they confirmed that a scope cannot be mounted on the Mini-Bolt .22 rifle. I guess maybe some of their other rifles can take scopes, but not the Mini-Bolt.

My father-in-law and I are really thinking about getting one for my 9 year old son. The boy definitely needs to learn to shoot with iron sights anyway. Hmmm...maybe a little creative engineering effort could result in a small red dot scope on top of the Mini-Bolt. I think the $157 price is the best I've seen so far.

BBURN
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:06:37 PM EDT
Thanks guys, that helps a lot, gonna use "Buy it now"
Top Top