Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 8:50:04 PM EDT

Today my unopened case of brand new FN FAL factory boxed mags from Tapco arrived. Now I am wondering if I should open the box or just leave the box alone. I don't believe the box adds any value to them but it's kind of neat seeing/having a unopened box of these mags around, and I already have six like new mags so it's not like i need them right away. What would you do?

The printing on the tag says:
             Magazin,Stangen-,
               GEW 7.62mm GI
                 Stuck 10
            F.N. HERSTAL BELGIEN

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Ah, I have a box of those too.  I just left 5 mags in the wrap, in the box for a rainy day.  

The best solution?  Buy another 10 pack!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing, I had purchased over 20 various magazines either used or new, before I ran across the TAPCO deal.  When I bought them, I just left them in the same case you've got pictured. Got plenty of other FAL mags so why bother opening the pack?

Honestly, I figured I'd order another case and set them aside, and wait till the price jumps up to $40.00 per mag like the M14 Mags!!!!!

Even if it takes 10 years that's cool!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for replying. I kind of thought I would not be the only one that would question opening the box. I agree with your just buy more answers but DSA said my rifle is scheduled to be built the end of June if the tactical barrels come in as planed. And I want to buy Trijicons new TRIPOWER sight and also send the rifle to Lauer for their Tiger Stripe camo job, It should be a great looking rifle when it's completed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Honestly, I figured I'd order another case and set them aside, and wait till the price jumps up to $40.00 per mag like the M14 Mags!!!!!

Even if it takes 10 years that's cool!!!!

What happens if the '94 Fed. AW ban in 2004 expires with no replacement? The price of 10+ round mags if you live in a uncontrolled state that has no limits on mag capacity could drop.

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Warlord, do you really think that's going to happer.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a box of those mags a couple of months ago. And I really didn't know if I really wanted to open that 35+ year old sealed bag or not. That lasted about 15 seconds.

I, too, have thought about getting another box just to leave sealed up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I reluctantly opened one of my cases because I had to see the mags' condition - peeled off a half crumbling paper wrapper to reveal an perfect new magazine.  The rest remain sealed for a rainy day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top