Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 6:27:43 PM EDT
I'm going to refinish a few kits, I've never done this before so I need your help.  I'd like to try a finish much like the original HK or FMP's.  It will become my summer project, so if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.  Point me in the direction of some kits for the novice. I'd also entertain the idea of doing something "out of the box" (different)

A picture:

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I should, before I forget, also ask how to remove the sight assembly from the cocking tube and barrel.  So that I can properly refinish them.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an H&K 91 re-finished by Arizona Response Systems a little while ago and it came back perfect for $250. I bought a kit so I could build one and used Aluma-hyde II from Brownells in semi-gloss black to do the metal and Flat to do the plastic and it turned out great granted not as good as ARS's but hell it only cost me $14 and so far has held up to all the cleaners I use.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top