Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 5/23/2002 12:16:24 PM EDT
wheres the best place to buy an AK47 type rifle? I am considering the romanian SAR-1 from wholesale guns and ammo (www.gunsnammo.com) Although Ive heard some bad things about the romanian AK's. Is there a better place than the wholesale dealer mentioned above? Is there a better type/brand of AK to get? does wholesale gunsnammo sale the newer romanian models that have the annoying flaws (such as trigger slap) fixed?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:49:33 PM EDT
Their prices on the SAR-1 may be just as good as that of anybody else. You might check Aim Surplus, J&G Sales and Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) before ordering.

If you want a really good AK, do a search for the SA M7. These may cost $500-$600 but are probably the best AK's on the market right now. The VEPR's are also good quality but they don't look like a traditional AK. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 3:59:25 PM EDT
The biggest problems can be found on the front sight (crooked) and the hammer not striking dead center. Both these can be corrected. Trigger slap is another annoying problem---damn us trigger due to parts count. most of the problems that were in the SAR 1999 models--the 2000 and 2001's from what i have heard are a lot better. The best thing to do would be to buy one you have seen----I really suggest going to the dealer to get this weopon---check these problems to the best of your ablity.

I have an SAR 3 and I love it---I am selling it now to sponsor my first AR---you will love your AK, and for the price you cannot beat a Romanian.

For further (smarter guys who know a lot more) advice go to www.ak-47.net This was my old haunt and the best place to get ak advice.
good luck
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:02:42 PM EDT
SAR-1 is a fine AK, I had one and it never jammed and was fun to shoot, you should be able to find one NIB for $275-$325
Top Top