Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 10:56:52 AM EDT
a friend of mine works for the marshall's service doing fugitive recovery, he has an extensive collection of class3 weapons, showed me one that i had never seen before.
it looked like a standard m16a1 m4 style upper with a short barrel, a2 stock, and what looked like a free-flaoting handguard, my friend states that it is made by lafrance industries of san diego california, he doesn't know much more about the weapon (he got it from another federal agent as a trade)
anyone have any info on these?
are they still made???
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I stumbled across their website some time ago. It looked very appealing to me especially the fact that they use modified Thompson mags. I think I read somewhere that they limited their sale to LEO's only.

www.nait.com/m161.html
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Tim LaFrance makes custom 45s, and other exotic firearms, but he is known for his suppressors. I had a brochure from him, and makes guns for both civilian and military/law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
There was an article about this 45 in Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement Magazine a couple years ago I think.  Can't find the issue right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top