Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/23/2002 5:20:32 AM EDT
I have been looking at the DPMS Lo and Hi Pro carbines now for a while. There is just something that I like about them. Are these good quality, reliable guns? And do these guns have the 5.56 chamber so I can fire mil-spec ammo from them? R Guns has them for $620 and $640 each. Is this a good price? And finally, what would be a good choice in optics on these guns (something that won't break the bank)? I plan to use this for everything from plinking, varminting and even as a defensive carbine. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:12:19 AM EDT
- DPMS uses a 5.56 chamber. Mil-spec ammo is ok.

- This is not personal experience, but one fellow I talked to about his claims easy 1MOA groups.

- I have a DPMS sweet 16 and its build quality is excellent. A good way to get into the AR game without spending a fortune.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:04:12 PM EDT
An associate of mine who is in the firearms business swears by DPMS. I don't have a DPMS rifle, but all of the DPMS parts, accessories, and the multi-tool I have of their's is top notch. Do a search on R guns or user name KMA then make your own decision on buying from R-Guns.

As to optics, I just got a Kobra site with a weaver base for about $130 recently and really like it. Built like a tank, throw lever QD base, choice of reticles and brightness. Did I mention it is built like a tank but priced like a Yugo?
Top Top