Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2002 11:39:39 PM EDT
I have a new (to me) A3 upper AR (rail on front sight location also)

What is the best height to mount the scope.  How far should it be off the upper receiver?

I have a couple diff. set of rings.  Weaver 1" and Weaver see through.  The Weaver 1" when mounted just feels too low.  However, I think I could get used to it.  Using the 1" puts the scope very low and of course the see through mounts raise it up.

I have heard that closer to the bore is better, but what are the advantages and disadvantages of mounting it an inch higher.

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for.  Any help would be great....thanks in advance.

medcop

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like the looks of that mount.  

I just got a 24" upper and just wanted to put something on it to shoot it for now. I am just going to use a Cheaper 3x9x40 to start with and weaver mounts.

What power optic would be good for this upper?

thanks
medcop
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The weaver see throughs will probably be about
right. If not you will need tall rings. Regular
rings will place the scope so low you probably
won't be able to get your eye behind the scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top