Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2002 9:29:18 PM EDT
Trijicon is planning to start selling their new sight in the fall of the year, they said it will have a list price around $550. I am interested in putting this sight on my DSA Tactical Carbine if works as well as Trijicon claims. Have any members seen or read any articles about it?  Am-O-Tramp

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicons website say it will be out this spring,
well its spring and where the hell is it!

www.trijicon-inc.com/
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably trying to figure out how to trump Aimpoint's efficiency rating. Never did hear about its battery power consumption rate.

Still waiting.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
It's the first item on the list in SWFA's SGN ad: $412.95 for the sight, $92.95 for the mount.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's the first item on the list in SWFA's SGN ad: $412.95 for the sight, $92.95 for the mount.

If he has it for sale, why is it not listed on his website?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The killflash unit sounds interesting but they do not elaborate about it, I wish they would have shown a picture of it also. They got my attention now a I need info. I called them today about the sight and they said it will be available this fall and if I wanted Info they would be glad to send me a brochure. We will see.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he has it for sale, why is it not listed on his website?

Beats me, man. Maybe they are taking advance orders?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing looks like the bastard child of an Acog and an Aimpoint...Guess I'll be buyin' one of the illegitimate little suckers...
Pit
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:37:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Battery life is supposed to be VERY LIMITED.I think it was only 9 hours or so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
All I know about it, is it looks pretty friggin cool. I hadn't heard anything about until I got my latest issue of American Rifleman, and noticed their ad. Guess I'll have to wait for one of my favorite gun rags to do a review of it. Damn, this is the problem with being an AR15 fan, they keep cranking out the newest latest and greatest gizmo to hang off of them and I am so poh.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure you're not thinking about Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T?  It was the one that used a AA battery and had the low usage life.

Board member "ACP" made claim to having a prototype in his possession. He stated that battery consumption was rated @10 hrs. - not good enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I was at the range looking at Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T. Its sweet, but not very compact. Not cheap either $700.00
It was mounted on a bushy when the clerk handed it to me. It was on already. I asked him what the Batt. life was and he said he didnt know But that one had been left on since 20:00 the night before. It was 12:00 it still looked good.
They were looking at right before they closed and forgot to turn it off and i was the first person to ask to look at it the next day.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish Trijicon would partner up with ITT and produce an NV device with all the features of thier ACOGS. I don't like having to mount the scopes so far up (scout rifle style) to piggy back the mini NV devices. Wish they'd make a scope/NV in all one piece.That would be cool(and expensive).
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure you're not thinking about Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T?  It was the one that used a AA battery and had the low usage life.

Right you are,Sir!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]
   I got my hand on the Trijicon Tri Power and got to check it out extensively at the SHOT SHOW in Vegas and then again at TREXPO West.  I was very impressed with the Tri Power and think that it will take much of the market away from Aimpoint.

I'm not sure of the longivity of the battery, but I think this would be a non issue because the Tri Power is powered by fiber optic and tritium like all the other Trijicon scopes and sights that don't have a battery back up.

Donnie at www.sableco.net has the Tri Powers listed at $380, best price I've seen thus far.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I've heard mention of an August date for availability of the optic.

I like my Reflex II, but the tripower looks to be the better mousetrap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top