Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/22/2002 9:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2002 9:30:26 PM EDT by Am-O-Tramp]
Trijicon is planning to start selling their new sight in the fall of the year, they said it will have a list price around $550. I am interested in putting this sight on my DSA Tactical Carbine if works as well as Trijicon claims. Have any members seen or read any articles about it? Am-O-Tramp

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:41:35 PM EDT
Trijicons website say it will be out this spring,
well its spring and where the hell is it!

www.trijicon-inc.com/
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:49:57 PM EDT
Probably trying to figure out how to trump Aimpoint's efficiency rating. Never did hear about its battery power consumption rate.

Still waiting.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:20:21 PM EDT
It's the first item on the list in SWFA's SGN ad: $412.95 for the sight, $92.95 for the mount.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:26:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zardoz:
It's the first item on the list in SWFA's SGN ad: $412.95 for the sight, $92.95 for the mount.

If he has it for sale, why is it not listed on his website?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:32:30 PM EDT
The killflash unit sounds interesting but they do not elaborate about it, I wish they would have shown a picture of it also. They got my attention now a I need info. I called them today about the sight and they said it will be available this fall and if I wanted Info they would be glad to send me a brochure. We will see.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:48:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LotBoy:

Originally Posted By Zardoz:

If he has it for sale, why is it not listed on his website?

Beats me, man. Maybe they are taking advance orders?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:34:27 PM EDT
That thing looks like the bastard child of an Acog and an Aimpoint...Guess I'll be buyin' one of the illegitimate little suckers...
Pit
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:37:10 AM EDT
Battery life is supposed to be VERY LIMITED.I think it was only 9 hours or so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:38:07 AM EDT
All I know about it, is it looks pretty friggin cool. I hadn't heard anything about until I got my latest issue of American Rifleman, and noticed their ad. Guess I'll have to wait for one of my favorite gun rags to do a review of it. Damn, this is the problem with being an AR15 fan, they keep cranking out the newest latest and greatest gizmo to hang off of them and I am so poh.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 12:37:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2002 12:38:53 PM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 3:30:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:10:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kevin:

Originally Posted By GreyGhost:

Are you sure you're not thinking about Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T? It was the one that used a AA battery and had the low usage life.

Board member "ACP" made claim to having a prototype in his possession. He stated that battery consumption was rated @10 hrs. - not good enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 5:27:02 PM EDT
I was at the range looking at Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T. Its sweet, but not very compact. Not cheap either $700.00
It was mounted on a bushy when the clerk handed it to me. It was on already. I asked him what the Batt. life was and he said he didnt know But that one had been left on since 20:00 the night before. It was 12:00 it still looked good.
They were looking at right before they closed and forgot to turn it off and i was the first person to ask to look at it the next day.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:21:51 AM EDT
I wish Trijicon would partner up with ITT and produce an NV device with all the features of thier ACOGS. I don't like having to mount the scopes so far up (scout rifle style) to piggy back the mini NV devices. Wish they'd make a scope/NV in all one piece.That would be cool(and expensive).
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:48:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kevin:

Originally Posted By GreyGhost:

Are you sure you're not thinking about Leupold’s new Mark 4® CQ/T? It was the one that used a AA battery and had the low usage life.

Right you are,Sir!
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:49:56 AM EDT
I got my hand on the Trijicon Tri Power and got to check it out extensively at the SHOT SHOW in Vegas and then again at TREXPO West. I was very impressed with the Tri Power and think that it will take much of the market away from Aimpoint.

I'm not sure of the longivity of the battery, but I think this would be a non issue because the Tri Power is powered by fiber optic and tritium like all the other Trijicon scopes and sights that don't have a battery back up.

Donnie at www.sableco.net has the Tri Powers listed at $380, best price I've seen thus far.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 10:28:22 AM EDT
I've heard mention of an August date for availability of the optic.

I like my Reflex II, but the tripower looks to be the better mousetrap.
Top Top