Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/22/2002 3:55:57 PM EDT
Ok, I have looked through shotgun news and few mags and have found several dealers that advertise your basic 20" A2 upper. Prices vary widely. However, I have not the experience to know who of these manufacturers are actually worth a dang. I am looking for the basic 20" A2 upper assembly to go on my existing DPMS rifle in place of its 16" A2-style upper. So, my questions to you are:

1. Who are some dealers from whom you have purchsed uppers and been pleased with price/quality/service?

2. Is there a place I can get DPMS upper assembly? I have not found any dealers yet that carry DPMS upper assemblies. If I can get a real DMPS unit, that would be nice, as both sections of the rifle would have the DPMS teflon finish.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:03:03 PM EDT
CYOUNG,

Try www.bushmaster.com

I have been very pleased with their products
and customer service. Bushmaster won't let you
down.

Live_Free
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:50:41 PM EDT
Brownells has DPMS uppers in a couple of different configs, I know they have a 20" A2 or A3 flattop. Also, http://www.del-ton.com/ has DPMS, Armalite, and homegrown uppers with Olympic barrels.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:07:44 PM EDT
The "Build it Youself" forum usually has vendor reviews/slams/flames Etc. What about a funshow?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:09:56 AM EDT
First, thanks for the info so far. I may have to order an upper from Del-Ton here soon.

I tried finding a nice upper at the local gun shows, but 95% of the ones I found were pre-ban and I have no desire to do time in club fed.

I will check in the build-it-yourself forum also. Perhaps I should have looked there first!

As for Bushmaster, I love their products, but an upper assembly from them will cost nearly what I paid for my little DPMS! Great guns, though....

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 7:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2002 7:25:11 AM EDT by Colt-653]
Check your e-mail. I have a New in Box complete Colt A2 20" upper you might be interested in.
Top Top