Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 4:33:25 AM EDT
I finally made it over to my parents to celebrate my 26th birthday last night.

My Dad gave me what has to be one of the nicest gifts I have ever gotten.

Using a Cabela's catalog as a guide, he built me an adjustable rifle rest.  It has 3 support legs, and adjusts from 6" to 12" high.  He made me two padded rests to set the rifle in.  It is beautifully painted.  When I got home I tried siting several of my rifles on it, and it worked great.

I don't know what I like more about....the fact that I will get a lot of use out of it, or the fact that my Father made it for me.

Brad
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that this calls for PICS!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait to try it out over Memorial Day weekend.

I would like to post pictures, but I don't have a digital camera, so I can't.

Sorry guys.

Brad
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
as my father gets older, i know there are fewer and fewer days left to share with him. the tangible gifts i treasure the most are the ones he made with his own hands. he didnt go to the store, he didnt click on the internet, he spent some of his limited time to make something. be proud. one day you'll point that item out to your own children and say "your grandfather made that".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top