Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 1:51:53 PM EDT
I got my first preban today! I walked into my local pawn shop today, just to look around (I wasnt looking to buy a gun)

and I spotted a Bushmaster with preban features on the shelf with a $1500 price tag, I thought this must not really be a preban, so I called Bushmaster, It was manufactured and sold a a complete rifle in 1993. I offered the guy $1200 cash, and he took it!!!!! Anyway Im really excited, so I thought I would tell you guys about it.. its m4 style, it even has a threaded barrell!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
great find !!

i missed one lyke that at our gun show Sunday......, $900.......!! i am still crying about it........

enjoy it for many years to come.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.

Now go out and shoot it like ya stole it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice rifle!  But, it's not worth $1200. Maybe $1100 at the most.  Will you take a $1000 for it?  

Man, if only I could have originally found one for what you paid...ya did real good!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bitchin'.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
My local gun shop had one for around 1175 but I was buying my HK USP Match and wanted it more than the bushy
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You're going to shoot your eye out with that thing! You're best off just sending it to me and taking, say, $200 from me for it. I'm doing you a favor, you're going to shoot your eye out!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...its m4 style, it even has a threaded barrell!

That's a threaded muzzle on a 16 inch barrel, right?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I know this is going to sound like a lie, but I swear on my life it's the truth. I have a friend who is related to an individual who owns five pawnshops in my area. Anyway, a guy came in and pawned an SP1 in mint condition. looked like it has never been fired. He told the pawn broker he only wanted to borrow $200.00. Deal was done. I prayed the guy would not get it out so that I could try to purchase it. Did not happen. two weeks later, he paid the loan with intrest and picked the gun up. A few months later, I learned the guy pawned it again. Over a period of one year, he kept pawning the gun and each time it would take him longer to get the gun out. Finally, he did not get the gun and the pawnshop was going to put it on the floor for sale. I talked to my buddy, who is relatives with the owner and is more into handguns, and had him ask his cousin what he would sell him the Ar for.I was shocked with the answer. He told him the last time the guy pawned the gun, he loaned him $450.00. He said he figured the guy would get it out. Did not happen this time, and it worked to my advantage. He was told that through out the period of the year, he had made enough money off the gun in interest so he would let him have it for the original pawn price of $450.00. My friend purchased it, sold it to me for $450.00 thus I own my third AR.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice, but not an M4 style.

No grenade launcher relief in the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very nice, but not an M4 style.

No grenade launcher relief in the barrel.

Agreed, and bayonets don't fit 16" guns. Nice find though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My friend purchased it, sold it to me for $450.00 thus I own my third AR.

I really hate you!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Mahabali.......Sorry bud,You GOT TOOK! I feel bad for you & I'm willing to take your loss - You send me the rifle,Ill send you $1250.00
You'll make $50. for your trouble JUST KIDD"N, YOU DID GOOD.CONGRATS
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Were the accessories (thermold mag, dot sight and mount, & bayonet) included in the deal?

My best steal was a Preban Colt Sporter Competition HBAR for $900.00. Included a Galanti case, accuwedge, three 30 round mags, three 20 round mags, Tasco rubber armored scope & mount, ammo can, & approx 50 rounds of Canadian C77 ammo. I never find deals like that any more.

I sold the scope mount for $10.00. Tasco exchanged the scope for a NIB unit which I sold for $50.00. Bringing my cost down to $840.00 for the stuff I kept.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The first thing I did was take the bayonette off, it just looked silly, It came with an aluminum 30 rnd colt mag, which i thought was really nice til I looked more closely, It was restricted, so I took it back to the pawn shop and exchanged it this morning.

It also came with a nice assault case, the red dot, and that dual rail mount thing, but if you look at the pic you can see it sits too high above the hand guards, maybe it was made for the bigger colt handguards??
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The first thing I did was take the bayonette off, it just looked silly, It came with an aluminum 30 rnd colt mag, which i thought was really nice til I looked more closely, It was restricted, so I took it back to the pawn shop and exchanged it this morning.

It also came with a nice assault case, the red dot, and that dual rail mount thing, but if you look at the pic you can see it sits too high above the hand guards, maybe it was made for the bigger colt handguards??

No it's to keep the dot above the front sight.  If the rail was lower, you'd need a riser to align the mount better.  Hopefully you can fit M4 guards under there, or better yet, for the price get the Fobus Handguards so you can have a bottom rail.  Unless of course you get yourself a RAS for that bad boy.  Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#16]
You lucky bastard!  

I'm jealous!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess you'd hate to hear how I got a pre-ban Colt HBAR for a straight-up trade on a post-ban Colt Match Target, wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I got my Colt AR15 SP1 from a guy that I worked with for $500, he had not shot it for awhile and was not into guns anymore. He was the first owner and he bought it around 1974, what was the going price back then? It was in mint condition, he asked he how much I would pay for it, I said $500 and he said sold. I got it 5 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top