Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 10:04:56 PM EDT
i just got my new ar15 a few days ago and am having a problem. seems my eyesight is not as good when i fired m16's years ago. the sight that came on the weapon is a match sight and the aperature is to small for me to see well enough to fire properly. where can i purchase a new rear aperature and any idea on the cost. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get custon sized apeatures to replace the one you have (sorry, i don't know any specific www sites for them)

I've also seen ads in Shotgun News for apatures with glass in them to help with your eye sight.

I should've asked first, but how far back are you from the sight?  Try making your cheekweld  so that your nose barely touches the rear of the charging handle.  Some might say this is too frr foward, but I shot Expert at my M16 qualification 2 weeks ago that way.

Also, can you flip the sight to the other apature?  Most have 2 holes, one big for close range(0-150M i think), and one small for long range(150-300M)
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ashley Outdoors, maker of the Ashley Express Sight, makes an outstanding rear sight for the AR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Bob Jones rear sight, which costs about $60 and comes with a selection of different rear aperatures. You can even get a rear lens, which is NRA service rifle legal, and that can help those who are having trouble focusing on the front sight. I believe I ordered mine from Creedmore Sports, but I believe you can order direct from Bob Jones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top