Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 5:55:41 PM EDT
Wanted to thanks Art for setting things up. Can’t wait for the next one.

The shoot went great. Food was great. Plenty of guns. Plenty of ammo. Plenty of noise.

Hope nobody minds having their picture up here. If so just email me and it will be removed.
I didn’t take very many, I’m sure some other guys will post some of the pictures they took.

On to the pictures:

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
HEY!
You guys are having WAY too much fun!

Nice pics and it looks like a great group of folks and guns.

How many places around the country look like that every weekend in America?
Whatta country!

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it was a great time,wish I was there!
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a bunch of pics I'll edit down to postable size tomorrow.

Great to see everybody that showed up. Thanks again to Art for setting this up.

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting the pics Rob...

We had a great turnout !!!

Everyone got a table to themselves...

I'll get some pics posted tomorrow that I took during the "peak" of the shoot...

With the exception of the grumpy neighbor, I'd say the day went absolutely perfect...
I guess that 100round AK drum my buddy bumpfired non-stop was a bad idea

Next shoot will be bigger, better, and elsewhere with more room, and full auto....

What made the whole day so great, was the quality of people that showed up...
The people "make" the shoot...
(the guns help too)

I can't thank you guys enough for making it a great day...
I could not have asked for a better shoot...

Thanks again Mr.& Mrs.Helldog40 for the steak dinner Saturday night...
Next one's on me...
Charlene & I will have to come up to NY to visit sometime...

Wish I had more time to spend "one-on-one" with each of you, but as you could see, I had kids to chase, and burgers to flip...
I was lucky to get some shooting time in between...

P.S.
Anyone hungry for meatballs ?
I've got a few extras...
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
It was great meeting you guys!  Thanks again to Art for setting it up.

I'll have to figure out how to post the pics I took.  Got around 15 pics of around 600k each.

Justin
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Helldog, I can't find you in the pics w/o a hardhat! Where are the Ironworkers stickers on your rifle!

Shhh!!!! My rifles are in the pictures, but not me....You know I like to be small, quiet and unobtrusive!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Edited to add: We had a great time (except for that damn lower that I think needs a new buffer spring), and my girlfriend loves being the only female in a crowd. It was nice to meet everyone there and admire the other firearms. Big thanks again to Art and Char for going to so much trouble. We can't wait for the next one
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Waverunner:

Here's a pic of Helldog playing with one of my toys. He said something about wanting to check his ammo out, but I think he just wanted to see how fast he could blast a couple mags worth down range.

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn, looks like I missed a good one.  Art - LMK when the next one is - I've got to get out of the city more.  BTW - whats the bolt action you've got in the first two pics?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damn, looks like I missed a good one.  Art - LMK when the next one is - I've got to get out of the city more.  BTW - whats the bolt action you've got in the first two pics?

Next shoot will likely be in August sometime...

Wife and I just got home from a range hunting trip...
Spent the day driving all over looking for a decent place to have another shoot...

"Hamburg Rifle and Pistol Club"
looks like the ticket !

They have a full auto pit, a pistol range, and a 100,200, & 300 yard rifle range...

Looks like the place could handle about 15-20 Class3 shooters, 20 or so rifle shooters, and 10+ pistol shooters...

The Full Auto pit is only about 40-50 yards long, and is surrounded on 3 sides by dirt...
I wouldn't recommend belt-feds, but sub-guns or anything shoulder-fired will be fine...
They even keep bowlng pins on hand for the MG shooters

ALL the shooting bench positions are well covered, but the MG pit is unsheltered...

I don't know the address, but a  mailbox at the end of the access road was:

153 Forge Dam Rd.
Shartlesville, PA

This range is SOOOO easy to find...

Interstate 78 to exit 23 (Sharlesville) Get off ramp and go North 1/4 mile on Mountain Rd. to Fork/bend in road, go LEFT at fork onto Forge Dam Rd. range is 1/4 mile on RH side...

Club meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of every month...
Next meeting is June 12th @ 7PM...

Membership fees are $45 per year for NRA members, and $80 per year for non-NRA members...

I will attend the next meeting and find out about renting the whole range for a day of Full Auto, and 100-300 yard AR shooting...

This s a pretty nice place and will handle whatever / whoever shows up..

No onsite kitchen, so no meatballs will be available

They do have a small office with a few tables to sit inside and eat...

The big range is 50cal friendly too...
There was a guy there shooting a varmint gun when I got there, and he was super friendly, and very helpful...
He said a local guy shows up with a Barret M82 on a regular basis...

So...
THIS will be the location for the next shoot...
I just 'gotta iron out the details with the management at the next meeting...

BTW Shaggy...

That bolt gun I was shooting is my Remington 700 .308 PSS with a Tasco Custom Shop 10-50x50mm scope...
Only problem with it is, after shooting a 5-shot string, I only see one hole...
Can't figure out where the other 4 shots went...

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry that I could not make it. I had to take care of some things before I left for the BRC.

A shoot thrown by Art HAD to be good. Good people, guns and hamburgers........does life get any better?!

There is some nice looking hardware on those tables but I must say that the M1 Garand with that gray laminated stock really catches my eye! Nice David. I alsoooo see that Shaggy NEVER took care of his "bolt gun itch". See yas next time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Wasnt this promoted as an AR15 Vs AK47 contest? Where are the results of that...

BTW; I like the looks of the M1 Garand with the Laminated stock. Is it a Fajen stock?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top