Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 3:49:43 AM EDT
Can somebody tell me why an AR15 by EA seems to have a higher price than other clones, such as Olympic Arms?  I saw an EA lower only listed at $600 recently.  What gives?
Thanks,
capsbond
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
define EA.......!

Eagle Arms
or
Essential Arms.....?????
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban vs. Post ban?

Model designation on the gun?

That can all contribute to the price.  You might have even run into a case of "I know THIS lower is worth $600 right now, even though I only paid $150 for it a year ago".

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Essential Arms will be marked:

E.A. Co. J-15

-Troy

The Essential Arms rifle that i'm lusting after is marked...

EA CO
KR SPR LA
CAL .223 - 5.56
MODEL J-15
03XXXX

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]

one other side note, IF all the letters & numbers line up perfectly it was cast by Ruger.......

if a slight misalignment of letters & numbers, it was cast at a foundry in Texas......
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

one other side note, IF all the letters & numbers line up perfectly it was cast by Ruger.......

if a slight misalignment of letters & numbers, it was cast at a foundry in Texas......

Slight misalignment...guy who stamped them had more than 2 beers :).  Black as ace of spades...definitely from TX.  Seller has statement on gunshop letterhead that rifle was sold complete before the ban.  He's done his homework.  

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I asked a question and then dropped out of sight for a few days, sorry about that.

The EA question is about a AR15 shorty with a lower marked "E. A. CO.,KR. SPR. LA.,CAL.223-5.56, MOD:J-15, EA 044XXX"

All the lettering seems to line up perfectly.  Is this a really desirable weapon?  Any idea of value on a 95% like new specimen?  Collapsing stock, bayo lug, vertical foregrip, birdcage suppressor.

Thanks for the help

capsbond

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 5:11:04 AM EDT
[#10]
capsbond,

the value of your EA shorty will run between $900 & $1,200......

in my opinion it is very desireable, i have one, (lower) but all the other hardware in the animal is mostly unknown, the bolt carrier is Colt, it has a small "c" stamped on the side, no stamping on the barrel or other parts.....

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input.  As I understand it, what makes the EA desirable then, is that they are all pre-ban (if documented assembly) and that this particular rifle lower was cast by Ruger?

I see new Olympic Arms selling for less, are they of less quality or is it about he post ban-pre ban issue?

Sorry for all the questions, I have always just shot these things without that much research on the finer points........

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top