Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 3:28:42 PM EDT
Looked at one of these tonight. Seems to be good quality,well made etc.  I've had Colt and Olympic(trash)but now I'm looking for a good one for a keeper and this one looks pretty good,besides I've Gotta feed all these mags I've been buying.

20in bbl,brake,removeable carry handle(never had one of these)

Comments Anyone.........
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a Preban Eagle. It's no Bushmaster, but it's a nice AR.
I'm about to get it rebarreled with a 14.5" Bushmaster M4 Barrel & Phantom flash suppressor soon.

What do you have now?

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
armalite sells lower receivers under the EA name.  Armalite in complete rifles or uppers, however.  The quality of the EA lower should be good, and the rest is up to who made the upper...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Arms = Armalite

I own a Pre-Ban Eagle Arms HBAR carbine.  This was before Eagle purchased the rights to the Armalite name.  When I bought it I had a choice between Bush Master, Colt and Olympic Arms the Eagle had the best fit and finish of the batch.  This was in 94 a couple of months before the ban.  I know it's hard to believe but I've never had a failure of any type with this rifle yet! Of course I'm rather anal about keeping it clean and in good shape.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
All my prebans are Eagle Arms.  Only prebans I will own.  They did not acquire the rights to the ArmaLite name until after the ban.  The quality of the preban Eagles is as good as the new ArmaLites, of which I have several.  The only real difference in the postban Eagles and the new ArmaLites is the chrome moly barrel on the Eagle vs the chrome lined on the ArmaLites.

Given that you say it has a brake instead of a flash hider, I take it that it is a postban.  How much are they asking for it?  I would rather have an Eagle, pre or post, than ANY other brand except, of course, a postban ArmaLite.  I had a postban Eagle and sold it to get a new ArmaLite.  That is the only one I would have sold it for.

Something else to consider after you get your Eagle is to go to your nearest ArmaLite FFL and order an AR180B.  They are back ordered, so just give him a deposit and be patient.  It will be several months before you get it.  It would be a perfect compliment to your AR15 type rifles.  MSRP is $650, probably get from your dealer for a little less than that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top