Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 1:54:02 PM EDT
on page 86 of "The Complete AR15/M16 Scourcebook", there is a photo of a Colt "...the telescoping stock version of the Sporter Carbine... due to the federal assault weapon ban, Colt still offers the gun to law enforcement buyers as the model 6520 Gvmnt. Carbine..."

if you had the chance to buy one of these pre-ban models ALL Colt, W/Colt 4x21 combat scope & accessories +Colt bayo......, no, it's not an M9........! what would you give for it.....? (& don't say your left jewel )

ED: forgot to mention it also has a Vortex flash hider, the owner says it hides about 90% of the night tyme flash
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would VERY happily pay $50 for it.

Email me if interested
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Must be the NEW version of "The Complete AR-15/M16 Sourcebook". On page 86 of mine it shows a Colt AR-15 Sporter II with a MWG 90-round mag, and a Ruger 10/22 mounted M203-style.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My bid $51.00...I would think it has to be $1800.00 I might be way off but there is a store by me selling a Colt preban for $1100.00 without a scope.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You have a pre-ban and the bayo actually fits on it? What barrel?

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd give you $52 and my right jewel
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
bunch'O friggen smartazz's on the forum today, glad y'll got a good sense of humor.....

betcha yer even gladder that i am in a good mood.., my cardiologist just called & said the stress test was very good & the stents are working great, the rebuilt engine shud be good for another 1,000,000 rounds of ammo.....

M4madness,
yes, the new edition, the rifle looks very much lyke an M4, i'll get all the details on it tonight, i belive it came from Colt configured as is.., go to page 110, middle photo, imagine the scope on pg. 189 top, on the rifle....., ooooh !! i forgot to mention it currently has a Vortex flash hider on it, the bird cage comes wyth it......

edpmedic,
the problem is: that store is NOT near me !! & is that Colt AR a M4 style ?

JAFO,
where did you see in my note where i said the bayo fits it ?? i just said the Colt bayo comes wyth it, that was easy now wasn't it ??

HKer,
wuddn't even make good catfish bait...........

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
bunch'O friggen smartazz's on the forum today, glad y'll got a good sense of humor.....

betcha yer even gladder that i am in a good mood.., my cardiologist just called & said the stress test was very good & the stents are working great, the rebuilt engine shud be good for another 1,000,000 rounds of ammo.....

JAFO,
where did you see in my note where i said the bayo fits it ?? i just said the Colt bayo comes wyth it, that was easy now wasn't it ??

My bad

Good to hear the inspection went well :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
com'on guys, get serious what do y'll thynk this baby is worth ?

being as there is NO such thyng as a "pre-ban lower, only complete rifles", we have a $1,400 Colt pre-ban rifle, an ST, strip off the A2 stock & the 20" upper & sell them..., now we have a lower for $900 (being generous on the low side)
add a 16" Colt pre-ban upper, $800
add in $125 for bolt/carrier, add another $150 for Colt M4 stock & $250 for Colt 4x21 combat scope & mount, additional accessorys $50........
add it all up & it comes to $2275.00

would you give $2,000......?? or less ??

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Cactus,

I lowered my price on the Commando Pre-ban.

Look in the equipment exchange if you are still interested.

I need some BRC money!!!

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for sounding stupid here, but are you asking if we would pay more for a Colt that isn't in it's original configuration than what unchanged pre-ban carbines are selling for?

I don't have "The Complete AR15/M16 Scourcebook", so I don't know exactly what you are describing. So far the differences I can find from your post are a Colt scope, a vortex hider, and M4 hand guards on a 16" barrel, when the rifle was originally 20. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:05:19 AM EDT
[#11]
basicly. YES !!

&

NO....!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]
FirearmTom1,

send me another Email, i accidently cleard your addy when i cleaned out my mail box a few days ago........... thanx !!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't get me wrong. I know that things can be improved over what they were stock, but there are always purists. I would rather have a '32 ford with a chevy V8 in it, but some would rather have it completely stock.

When it comes to Colt's, I'm happy with my pencil barrel, clunky aluminum stock, loose fit, etc ;)

Have any pics of the rifle? Sounds decent, but if I were to get it, I'd probably restore it to it's original configuration. lol. On the other hand...  if I had a pre-ban Bushmaster, I'd probably set it up how I like.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
JAFO,

interesting reply, why wud you restore it if were a Colt & go wild if it were a Bushy..?

i wish i had a photo, it looks lyke an M4gery wyth a Colt 4x combat scope on it, in fact it IS all Colt pre-ban

my wife gave me one of those Sony F707 digital cameras & i have taken many photos wyth it but need to learn how to put them up here.....

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
JAFO,

interesting reply, why wud you restore it if were a Colt & go wild if it were a Bushy..?

i wish i had a photo, it looks lyke an M4gery wyth a Colt 4x combat scope on it, in fact it IS all Colt pre-ban

my wife gave me one of those Sony F707 digital cameras & i have taken many photos wyth it but need to learn how to put them up here.....

I think I just like Colt a little more. This of course is just my newbie opinion, and I am NOT trying to turn this post into any kind of Bushy vs. Colt debate. I would actually like to own one of each make AR-15 :) Then I could form my own judgements on what is better or not.

Of course, when I do get a Bushmaster pre-ban, and outfit it the way I want, I will keep all the parts necessary to return it to the way it was shipped from the factory.

Let me know if you want any help getting pics up here. Once you know how to do it, it's really rather simple. You just have to post the pics to a web page, and insert the link to that here. If you don't have a web page, I could put some pics on my page for you to link to.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
com'on guys, get serious what do y'll thynk this baby is worth ?

being as there is NO such thyng as a "pre-ban lower, only complete rifles

that is the biggest crock of shit ever, the ATF is not the law and they are not the one that interprets the law, that is just one of their many interpretations (meaning you could get different answers from diff people in the atf). and ANYTHING with the markings Colt AR15 on them before september 13,1994 is grandfathered because it is cited specifically.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#17]
and the stupid thing replacing I with Y is just that, stupid
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd pay $1800. max, but thats just my budget.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top