Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Posted: 5/14/2002 7:27:57 PM EDT
It looks like a Super 90 with a wood stock and high capacity tube.
How does this compare to the Super 90?
Is it similar in performance/value?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:33:36 PM EDT
I bought one when I was stationed in Germany back in 1985 and paid about $400 for it. It had a "buck horn" type sight and it shot very very well with everything I put in it.

Like an ass, I traded it thinking I would get another. It like everything else, became popular and thus the price went up.

I am not sure if they are still actually making the 121 M1 still, are they? I SURE WISH I HAD IT TODAY!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:17:04 PM EDT
The model 121's are no more. I have been looking for one myself but you never see them. At one time it was offered with a spreader choke that threw a rectangular shot pattern. I believe it was vertically oriented. Thought that would be cool. Like all benelli's Im sure the gun was top notch equipment.Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:21:01 PM EDT
I too owned one of these extremely sweet scatterguns in the late 80s', and sold it like a dumb ass!
It was in pristine condition (about 80 rds. through it), and I got all of $400 for it.

Stupidest gun related decision I ever made, and I regret it to this day.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:33:15 PM EDT
If I'm not mistaken, the 121 M1 has been discontinued for well over 10 years. The original ones were imported by H&K and sport their logo.

During the 80's, many gun writers touted the 121 as the best of the best in tactical shotgun. In fact, even to this day, some people still claim it's one of the fastest shooting shotguns out there.

You could still find one every now and again. I saw one being auctioned off at Gunbroker several months back for about $550.

You can find more information at Benelli's Italy site:

www.benelli.it/Storia/Body.asp?Lan=EN&View=Modello121M1

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:47:39 PM EDT
Thanks for the response.
Top Top