Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/12/2002 11:24:16 PM EDT
Well I bought an FR8 about 6 months ago. I took it to the range 3 times and all the time with 3 different ammos it shot about 6 to 8 inches high. I searched all over the web for a front sight tool and with no luck I could not find one, till last week. I saw a guy using a front sight tool on his cetme, I looked at the sights and I looked at the tool and it looked like it would fit. I new there was history with FR8's being designed as training rifles for the modern day Cetme but it never occured to me to look for a Cetme sight tool to raise the sight up. Well I ordered it from Tapco and it came and sure enough it worked. I just wanted to pass this on. I cant wait to get my Rifle sighted in. This is a fun rifle to shoot and I was pretty bummed that I could not get it sighted in.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:25:36 AM EDT
Six,

I've had my FR8 for a while now, and I've never even looked at adjusting the front sight, it's elevation has always been right-on for 100yrds.

Great rifle, eh?

Regards, Brisco
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:43:58 AM EDT
Well you were lucky. I made this same post on another board and there was guy there that sold his FR8 becuase he could not get it sighted in. Hopefully with this post I will stop a few other people from selling a really cool rifle. I kinda see my FR8 as the M1a I could afford. Since I got married my gun fund has pretty much dried up, I really wanted a M1a becuase I wanted a decent .308 but I just could not afford it. So I stumbled on the really nice FR8 and it grabbed it ($149). I like the Bayonet lug, Flash surpressor and the really nice sights. The only thing it is not is a semi auto. I have gotten 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 100 yards with some German Hurtenburg stuff. I wonder what it will do at 200 or 300 yards. My club sells .308 ammo from the CMP I wonder how this stuff will perform.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:03:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2002 9:05:01 AM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:42:00 AM EDT
Mine will hot a 200 yard 10x10 gong with every shot using surplus ammo. Great rifle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:31:46 PM EDT
Hey Sixgun,
You can really make it your bolt action M1A, just add a 20 round trench mag (made for Mauser rifles). Just pop the plate off the bottom, they pop right on. I think Sarco's got'em, but their pricey.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:06:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/13/2002 1:43:41 PM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:27:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raf:
see how useful the search feature of this site can be?

It is great on the rare occasion that it actually works.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:46:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:50:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:36:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raf:
Oh, and Sixgun, PLEASE thoroughly soak the front sight post and locking screw with serious penetrating oil before trying to move them. It's been reported that some FR-8 sights, which have very fine threads were rusted tight.

Yeah I did that a few months ago. I was about to order a sight tool from another company I found on the net. But the company never got back to me. I think you passed the tip on to me to lube it up so I did with a little Breakfree CLP. The sight loosen right up after i took the sight tool to it. Thanks for the tip about the Muzzle brake, I am thinking about getting one, how hard is it to remove the flash surpressor. What would I use an Adjustable wrench. Also How do I put the Muzzle brake on? Would I have to align it and would I have to use Lock tite or something?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:57:00 AM EDT
I shot my FR8 yesterday I almost got it sighted in but my should got too sore I think I am going to try and put the brake on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:04:50 AM EDT
Top Top