Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 9:05:51 PM EDT
If I want a semi-auto shotgun with a pistol grip style full length stock and a mag extension, what are my options?

I've seen the Benelli M1S90, but I'm curious what else is out there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i believe you can only have the pistol grip OR the mag extension not both   you should try the M3S90 its semi and pump  pump being for unusual shells or bean bags  so you can shoot it semi all day everyday  I have one and love it.. i think it could be about 100 bucks cheaper though... 900-1000 bucks is bit much but oh well
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to run a Choate pistol gripped buttstock and pistol gripped forend on my 1100 Rem.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would think that you could put any or all pre-ban options on any semi-auto shotgun that was manufactured prior to Sept. 94.  I may be wrong though.  If you can get a serial number list of those guns, you could go to a gun show or shop around on-line classifieds for any semi-auto you want.  I'm no expert though, so you may want to confirm that in the legal forums.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Arc_angle is incorrect acually. for a shotgun to be grandfathered it must have evil features prior to ban, like an ar. most remington shotguns were in sporting dress before the ban. a benelli tactical had evils. its hard to prove a remingtn had teh stuff before 94.

damn ihate this keyboard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for clearing that up for me matt.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
So if I want a badass shotgun with a magazine extension and a pistol grip, I gots to get a Benelli?

Are Benellis good stuff?  Like, do they last a long time and are fast and stuff?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So if I want a badass shotgun with a magazine extension and a pistol grip, I gots to get a Benelli?

Are Benellis good stuff?  Like, do they last a long time and are fast and stuff?

What part of Texas are you from Bill?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
you dont have to bet a benelli, its just thats almost all you will find. their are a few remingtons floating around, but good luck finding one. you might find a LAW 12. its like a SPAS but not convertable, just straight auto. i dont know if thouse are any good however. i would say benelli is your bet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Dallas

So where would I start looking for a Benelli preban?

And how can I check to make sure I'm getting a true preban?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
theres always a preban auto 5
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, don't forget the Franchi SPAS-12!

The one pictured above does not have the mag extension, but most do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top