Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT
I was at Cabela's today and they had a SL-8.  I fondled it for a while and fell in love with it.  It made me feel all tingly inside.  I have got to get one of these bad boys.  Anyone here have one they would care to post pics of?

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Cabela's carries HKs?  I don't have a store nearby so I didn't know what they carried.

What other firearms (HKs and others) do they carry?  I ask, because I have a buddy with a $700 gift card from Cabela's.  He's been sitting on it for some time, so I'd like to give him some suggestion on how to spend it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Give me a while and I'll post pics tonight.  No accessories on it, tho.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You wanna spend big bucks on a neutered post ban HK? The only way to even make it look decent is to send Toad money for his "product"
BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You wanna spend big bucks on a neutered post ban HK? The only way to even make it look decent is to send Toad money for his "product"
BrenLover

There are others that are coming out with conversions for these.  Toad will never see a penny of my money.  This looks like a great weapon.  10rnd mag or not.  

I will also be looking into a USC.  If anyone has one of those please post pics
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
HKocker, the only other HK products that I saw was a USP in 45.  It was used and highly over priced.  I should have mentioned that.  Cabela's charges an arm and a leg for their firearms.  I usually shop at Sportsmans Warehouse.  Much MUCH cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

How do you like your SL 8?  Had any problems with it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Other then the ten round cap, and the damn thumb hole, it is a wonderful gun.  its big slab side profile picks up a lot of resistance in a windy condition shooting off hand.  

Easily getting MOA at one hundred with SA surplus ammo.  trigger is good, and the gun breaks down very easy.

I am getting my SW mag conversion this week, from what i hear, it works well, and the contact I had with Todd at least has been very friendly.  

BTW, do you know who is coming out with the conversion other then Todd??  I have heard about those coming out, but never was able to find out from who.  I would love to have on in Polymer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#9]
They aren't a bad looking rifle if they weren't a butt-hole stock. I just cant get over paying pre-ban dollars for one only to have to dump another $3-600 into it to make it look decent and still have it be post ban!

BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BrenLover

There are others that are coming out with conversions for these.  Toad will never see a penny of my money.  This looks like a great weapon.  10rnd mag or not.  

I will try to post pics of my USC tonight. Some might balk at the price for a .45 carbine, but I gotta tell ya, I love it. It's a tack driver right out of the box.

Until I post my pics, check this out.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They aren't a bad looking rifle if they weren't a butt-hole stock. I just cant get over paying pre-ban dollars for one only to have to dump another $3-600 into it to make it look decent and still have it be post ban!

BrenLover

I paid 1400 for the rifle,
300 for the mag conversion,
250 for the stock conversion. not yet available
140 for HK short rail
190 to cut the barrel to 16 inch and turn it down to the G36 barrel profile.
285 for KAC RAS hand guard.
Aimpoint ML and ARMS #22M68 is in my inventory.
no labor fee involved, total cost is 2565.00 for a G36 look alike.  I figure it is worth it.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Here ya go......

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Those look great guys, thanks for posting pics.  Anyone else have any?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I like thgem better with 30rnd. mags...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=83968

I WANT ONE !

How much? and When can I pick it up ?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top