Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 10:07:44 AM EDT
Has anyone ever dealt with www.urban-armory.com?  They have a rifle that I might want, but before spending $2000+ I would like some opinions on them (Good & Bad)  BTW,does anyone know where I can get my hands on an HK 94 SBR?

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how much use this may be for ya, but I bought a Polytech AK47 from him about 3 years or so ago.  I know that was a long time ago, but the deal went very smooth, it was my first internet firearms purchase and it encouraged me to keep buying from internet.

Altough I haven't bought anything from him since(mainly because some of the guns I've looked at I ended up finding considerably lower prices closer to home), I would not hesitate to purchase from him again.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Poly, do you know anywhere in Ky that you can find HK rifles (HK 93, HK 94, HK 94 SBR prefereed?)  I live in Central, KY and can't find anyone that has any at the moment.  I would also prefer to buy locally, but that dosen't seem like an option.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I didn't even notice you were a Kentuckian.  I'm afraid I really haven't found much in my area, Lexington.  Louisville does have a few locations though that might have what you want.  There is Shooter's Supply (sorry, don't have their number), they run ads in Shotgun News from time to time, and I've seen their tables at the gun shows before.  They seem to specialize in military type weaponry, atleast their tables are always some of the best around here anyway.  Lots of assault rifles and accessories.

There's also Knob Creek Gun Range ( www.machinegunshoot.com ).  I know they have had some HK and FAL rifles before, cause I looked at them about a year ago.  Don't remember what all they had a few weeks ago at the machine gun shoot.

The next National Gun Day Gun Show is next month, June 8th and 9th, at the Louisville Fair and Expo Center.  That's usually a pretty big show.  No guarantees though of what you'll find.

HTH
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Poly, is shooters supply on Nicholasville Road or is that GunSite?  The majority of the stuff at KCreek is C3 which is more than I want to spend on ammo
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ooops, sorry Morgan, I guess I wasn't that clear, but the SHooters Supply is in Louisvile.  I've never been to their store location, so I'm afraid I can't even begin to tell you where it is.  You should be able to get their number from information though.  I checked out the only Shotgun News I had laying around and of course, they don't have an add in that one, figures.  Anyway, they would be worth a call I would think.

It also wouldn't hurt to call the Knob Creek gun shop.  Eventhough some are C3, I've seen a lot of standard semi military firearms as well.  

You were right though, the Gun Site is on Nicholasville Rd. here in Lexington, as well as Antique and Modern Firearms (have had numerous bad experiences with and won't deal with anymore ever).  Also, at te corner of Nicholasville Rd and Southland Dr., there is Evan's Firearms.  Then, there is the new Bud's Gun Shop over on New Circle Rd, they used to own the indoor shooting range next door in Paris, KY., that is before the antis up there drove them out.

IMO, what ever that's worth, I would think that Shooters would be the best bet, just going by what I have regularly seen at their tables.  I've also met a few of their employees a while back at the Knob Creek gun range during a range outing (range here in Lexington won't allow rapid fire, so I go to Kob Creek from time to time when I feel the need).  They were shooting a few tables next to me and ended up inviting me to shoot a couple of their fun guns they were playing with, a FAL, an RPK, a Thompson and a beautiful 1919 A4 semi auto belt fed.  That makes them pretty good guys in my book!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a couple of SBR HK94's on Sturmgewehr and Subguns.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used him to sell some pieces. All went well and he found buyers for all my stuff. I would recommend him.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever dealt with www.urban-armory.com?  They have a rifle that I might want, but before spending $2000+ I would like some opinions on them (Good & Bad)  BTW,does anyone know where I can get my hands on an HK 94 SBR?

I bought an UZI Model A through them about a year ago.  No complaints at all.

HOWEVER, note that they're a broker.  You're going through them to get to someone else.  

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I dealt with Urban Armory about a year ago... purchased a Pre-ban LNIB Bushmaster from him. Overall the transaction was good. The only issues I have are that he was very aggressive in getting payment, and the time for delivery was longer than expected.

As to the aggressive part:
He called me at work to confirm payment and FFL were being sent. I told him a that I would not be able to get my FFL Dealer until Friday, since they were closed by the time I left work. (but were open later on Fridays). I stated that I would Priority Mail both FFL and Payment (cashiers check) on Saturday. Well just my luck that weekend my FFL was attending a Gun Show, and was closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

On Monday he called (again at work) wondering if payment and FFL were sent... told him my FFL was closed over the weekend, but I was would take some Annual Leave to be able to get to my FFL before they closed. Then I got the hard sell... he had others looking to buy the Bushmaster, and if I really wanted it he needed to have payment for it today (via credit card plus 3% fee), or he would have to sell it to another interested party. So I paid for it with a charge card (with the 3% additional fee), and got the FFL and Priority mailed out on Tuesday.

The delivery time:
I got the rifle about 3 weeks later... in the condition it was described.

Landwarrior...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top