Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 7:04:52 PM EDT
So one of my co-workers woke up after the whole 9/11 thing and started asking questions. He started with some of his liberal friends. He didn't get the answers that he wanted. Big shock.

Well then he ended up talking to me. Seems he was getting fed up with people telling what he could and couldn't own, especially when it comes to his personal protection. We did a lot of talking about the "bogus" philosophy spouted by libs about depending on law enforcement for emergencies, the "evil" of guns, and several other similar points.

Well he is now the proud owner of a Beretta 92 Brigadier. We went to the PSC range on Sunday to break it in. He was a little nervous at first but after a lot of instruction and a little shooting he seemed to get the hang of it pretty quickly.

He is now the "even more proud" owner of a Beretta. I let him also shoot my HS2000 and HK USP40. He's getting nervous now that one gun may not satisfy his desire. I told him there was a forum with a LOT of people who would understand.

Oh, almost forgot, I also let him shoot my Armalite AR-15. He's thinking about getting a rifle now.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Thats a start!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
We should petition congress for a national convert a lib holiday.
a day off to take a lib to the range!
It could be the day after MLK day.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm working on a female friend now. She is having some health problems so we've got to get that taken care of first. She's had two stalkers in her life and never had a cop get there in less than 20 minutes.

She likes the feel of the HS2000 so I'll be letting her try that out eventually. I even bought an extra one that is still NIB for when she is ready to "bite the bullet" (pun intended).

It's a slow process but I'm willing to convert them one at a time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's a slow process but I'm willing to convert them one at a time.

Way to go Retrodog!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
GREAT !!!

whenever i go to the Dr.s office (a cardiologist !) wyth my wife, i always take along one of my AR-15 books to read, i always make shure people see what i am reading also !!

the Doc calls us in, his first question is to me ! "whats wyth the bandana?" after 5 years of seeing my head covered wyth a camo bandana, it's to keep my hair out of my face, i tell him...

whats wyth the book he asks next, so i give him my 2 minute speech about the AR-15, then i answer his questions, & follow up wyth, 'how wud you lyke to shoot one ?"

so when he gets some tyme between his trips to Monaco, Paris, Zern & Hong Kong besides seeing his patients he promised me he will get wyth me to shoot one of my ARs, i thynk it will be the Colt, it is a real charmer, very lyttle recoil..., & the sing of the spring.., shud be an AR owners lulaby !!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
GREAT !!!

whenever i go to the Dr.s office (a cardiologist !) wyth my wife, i always take along one of my AR-15 books to read, i always make shure people see what i am reading also !!

the Doc calls us in, his first question is to me ! "whats wyth the bandana?" after 5 years of seeing my head covered wyth a camo bandana, it's to keep my hair out of my face, i tell him...

OUtstanding!

When I go to a doctor's office, I usually leave an extra copy of the NRA American Rifleman. The next time I go there, the magazine is usually gone; probably thrown out by some self-serving anti-gunner, but thems are the breaks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Warlord,

great idea.....!!!!!

i'll have to sit in another waiting room again today, i'll take along a few old gun magizines & leave them on the tables.......

thanx fer the tip !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 5:29:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Warlord,

great idea.....!!!!!

i'll have to sit in another waiting room again today, i'll take along a few old gun magizines & leave them on the tables.......

Holy cow!  Why didn't I ever thing of this before!  HE dbl. hockeysticks, I'd bet the NRA would print up a special American Rifleman just for Doctor's offices!  It could be written for a gun illiterate audience and could slam the AMA and CDC.  I'd buy a bunch and leave them lying aroung everywhere.  We could be the Gun Gideons! (AR15.com mission, sniff, sniff)

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Warlord,

great idea.....!!!!!

Holy cow!  Why didn't I ever thing of this before!  HE dbl. hockeysticks, I'd bet the NRA would print up a special American Rifleman just for Doctor's offices!  It could be written for a gun illiterate audience and could slam the AMA and CDC.  I'd buy a bunch and leave them lying aroung everywhere.  We could be the Gun Gideons! (AR15.com mission, sniff, sniff)

Actually, until I don't throw out American Rifleman mags because they make great reference. American Rifleman is quoted by Jane's Small Arms. Janes is considered THE authority on small arms, etc. I had a second subscription that I would donate to the cause. May I suggest to anyone who throws out their American Rifleman to consider "donating" to various waiting rooms.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, my goodness.  That gives me an idea.  I get haircuts in a beauty shop that has nothing to read while you're waiting except Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, etc.  I think I'll slip in a couple issues of American Rifleman.  The 4 other guys who get haircuts there will probably thank me.  And we can shake up some old women.  

Yes, It's a beauty shop, but mens' haircuts are only $8....
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The haircut place I go to has nearly every mag available.  Included in their racks are: aircraft magazines, Popular Mechanics, Powder, old car traders.  The Abercrombie & Fitch (for those who would shop for clothes by looking at naked people), Sears, Sharper Image, National Review, Cosmo...(and other girl trash), bodybuilding mags, Guns & Ammo, MAD, house type mags, and others.  They even have a Bushmaster catalog on their rack!

I usually show up about 2 hours early for my appt.!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#13]
retrodog, outstanding job.  We should all strive to introduce at least a couple of non-shooters to our sport a year.  Kudos.  By the way, whats the chick look like?  You can't leave us wondering like that.

so when he gets some tyme between his trips to Monaco, Paris, Zern & Hong Kong besides seeing his patients he promised me he will get wyth me to shoot one of my ARs, i thynk it will be the Colt, it is a real charmer, very lyttle recoil..., & the sing of the spring.., shud be an AR owners lulaby !!!

CactusJack, no flame intended here bro, but what is with the y's instead of I's?  It is getting to the point of being distractive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats to Retrodog.  Just a little item of interest.  I rarely go to the doctor, but a few years ago I tried a new doc and he prescribed reading "Unintended Consequences".  Ever since then he has me as his patient for life.  It's hard to believe, but he's even more interested in guns than I am.  (Well, maybe that isn't possible, but he's coming real close.)  Watch-Six    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top