Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 3:10:29 PM EDT
How many of us are out there from SE Pennsylvania. I live in NE Phila. and want to hear where everyone shoots in the area. Ranges at State Game Lands, Private, Clubs, Etc.

I do all of my shooting at a game land range in the Poconos. Rules do suck though. Three rounds in your mag limit. Whats up with that?

Let me here from all of you...

Rick
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm up by Wilkes-Barre

I do all my work at the local State Game Lands range. Private ranges cost money. When I move out to PSU main campus it'll be the PSU range for me.

I always full load my mags. As long as you don't rapid fire through 30 rounds nobody will say anything. And 80% of the time I'm the only guy there.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Im in Allentown and go to some of the local ranges, but the best shooting is at my friends cabin in the poconos....no rules, no problems.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm about 15 minutes from Stroudsburg. Best Range I found is Palmerton Rod and Gun. $15 bucks a year and they have 25, 50, 75, 100, 200,and 300 yards ranges.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of my indoor shooing is done at Classic Pistol just north of Philly.  Its a bit on the expensive side, but its a nice indoor range and they let you go full auto even with rifle calibers.  The best place is private land though.  I'm a member at a very small private club north of Williamsport where we can cut loose outside with anything we want - 20mm,.30 and .50 beltfeds, subguns, and we can use use anything for targets (dynamite, binaries, cars, vans, appliances, you name it).
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to live in Norristown. There's tons of good ranges within a 1 1/2 hrs drive of you (unlike here in V.A.) Nockamixen state park used to have a public range (if its still open)  Easton fish and game is an excellent range. Topton gun club is also excellent.
Twin S gun club out to 600 yd. are just a few.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot at Falls Township Rifle and Pistol up by Morrisville.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:13:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Palmerton, Pa. checking in. Hello Allentown! I goto the Palmerton Rod & Gun Club or my buddies private range.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
What part of NE Phila are you from? I'm about 2 minutes to NE Philadelphia Airport.

I also shoot at Classic Pistol. If you want to check the place out sometime, let me know and we can meet there, it should cost less than $10 to shoot since I'm a member. It is limited to 25 yard distances but you can shoot just about anything. Pistol, shotgun, rifle, full auto, etc.

I also belong to a club just below Doylestown but can never seem to find the time to drive up there.

One of the guys from near Reading is setting up a little local shoot next Sunday. I'm gonna try my best to get there.
Check out this link for more information:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=112594
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm from Eastern Montgomery county.  I belong to 2 local clubs.  The closer one Audubon, PA (5 minutes drive time) has indoor pistol, outdoor 50yd range, archery course, and a nice trap setup.   They are in the midst of approval for a very nice 100yd outdoor range as well.  Limit of 1 round though for rifles, although they are working out the details for a qualification (safety based) for multiple rounds.  The other club (Trumbauersville) is just a 100yd outdoor berm that you can do pretty much whatever you like at as long as it isn't full auto.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Delware county.  Mostly go to South Philly Gun and Archery.  Short range, slightly expensive, but it is always empty and people are always curious about the rifle and no 3 rd limits.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm from Eastern Montgomery county.  I belong to 2 local clubs.  The closer one Audubon, PA (5 minutes drive time) has indoor pistol, outdoor 50yd range, archery course, and a nice trap setup.   They are in the midst of approval for a very nice 100yd outdoor range as well.  Limit of 1 round though for rifles, although they are working out the details for a qualification (safety based) for multiple rounds.

Ah... LP getting a 100yd range again would be nice.  I've been on the premises before, but never had joined.  Are they just going to back up the line on their 50 yd range?  They have the room there, and I think its what they had before.  Seems kind of strange that they are doing this now, however, since it looks like they are building on that chunk of land on Egypt right next to the range.

The one round limit sucks, though - is that something recent?  I used to live on Park Ace in Audubon, I recall hearing rapid rifle fire quite often on the weekends.

I'm in Upper Merion/Bridgeport now - mostly just go to the state range by French Creek park for rifle or French Creek Outfitters for indoor pistol.  My uncle has some land up near Harvey's Lake and I try to go up there every couple of months as well.  I've always been meaning to find a better place to shoot locally, but everything seems to be at least an hour out.

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Rocko, Nice to see another AR15.comer in my immediate area.  LP is putting the 100yd range by the front entrance.  It's a modern setup that is half underground, and has the possibility of a target retrieval system.  When it's done, the 50yd range will be shut down.  The 1 round rule has been around for awhile.  It's self policed so if no one is complaining then people do load up the mags.  Alot of the new members are into the evil rifles so I think that motivated the board to start working on the qualification for multiple rounds.  The other club I go to is North Penn Gun Club.   It only has a 100 yd outdoor setup that you use for rifle and trap.  Whoever is set up first dictates distance and use of range (no trap and rifle at the same time).  I think most members only use the bar though and not the range.  This isn't just because the range is always empty, it's the fact that you need to buy a annual $5 "range pass" to actually shoot at the club.  Anyway,  It's up by Target World in Quakertown which I would think is under an hour for ya.  I've shot rapid fire there until all 4 uppers I brought with me were too hot to shoot and no one complained.  It's also nice to get a 75 cent Lager after you're done for the day.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top