Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2002 9:00:37 AM EDT
So I was thinking if there is no new AW ban to take place of the currrent ban what would you all get???? I know chances are pretty good that a new law will be enacted but it is fun to dream, so I guess I will start...

Oh yea let me say first I live here in Idaho and I do not beleive there is a restriction on how many firearms a person can by on any given day, plus, I love this, there is no waiting periode, phone call is made, if you are clean you walk out with a new firearm. I love Idaho.
Yes I am tootin' my horn.

Anyhoo, my shopping list would include the following...

1 HK G33, and as many 30rd mags as I could buy
1 BushMaster M4 with flash hider and telescoping stock.
1 HK USP .45 ACP with as many 12rd mags as I could carry.
1 Sig Arms P226 9mm with a ton of 15rd mags.
1 Walther p99 9mm with 16rd hi-caps
And if the Russians are kind hearted 1 Spankin brand new AK-74 with Bayonet. Sweet.

Now there is my list, it ain't gonna be filled by Santa and I doubt by anyone else but it is fun to speculate.

So tell me what you would buy if you could.

P.S. I just came back from applying for a CCW permit, I have to wait 45 days to see if I am approved. Idaho has about a Million person population and right now we have close to 50k CCW permits issued.

Later
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh I cant wait, wouldnt that be great, first thing I would do is slap CAR stocks and flash hiders on my post bans. Then I would have a big party, then I would have to max out all of my credit cards buying styer augs, and HK's and all that fun stuff. Do you think that if this law does go away, that new pre/post ban weapons will hit the market right away? It would be legal to buy LEO only stuff right?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a nice list, but scratch off the new russian ak-74, and the HK G33.  The '94 AW ban has nothing to do with the '89 import ban.  Foreign SURs are permenantly banned from the public unless congress repeals the legislation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
even more an issue than the 89 ban, is the fact that thier is no chance in hell the bill will ge unreplaced. my shopping list is sevral postban ARs. thats a post 94 PRE 04 ar15, legal with evil double stack hi cap mag.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Colapsible stocks for my other AR-15s

Many Glock magazines

Many AR-15 lowers

Several Beta-C and thirty round magazines

and

I hope someone makes a cheap high cap .45 magazine for use with an AR-15.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If he built the HK-33 and AK-74 himself with the proper number of US parts then he could put the evil features on the guns because they would legally be US manufactured weapons.

Kyle
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I would also like to add a collapsible stock to my SAR8/HK91.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Escapee!  I got my application back in the minimum 30 days.  Probably depends on your county though.  As for shopping, Flash hiders first, then maybe a colapsable stock or two, but only after some factory hi-cap's for my Glock!
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO, there is a good chance that today's post-ban stuff will become pre-'04-ban, similar to what mattsd posted.  

I am building up a stock of current post-ban receivers (ARs, FALs, etc.) and will be slowly building those up into rifles between now and '04.  

I think that they will go after the firearms with pistol grip and mag insert outside of grip next.  All receipts for ALL parts that go into the build up of these rifles will be saved and archived - in other words, document that your rifle is a full rifle prior to '04 with receipts, photos, etc.  My guess is that possessing a bunch of pre-'04 lowers won't be worth squat - needs to be full rifle just like the '94 deal.

If for some crazy reason we don't see replacement legislation, or if there is a temporary lapse in AW ban, I would then already have the rifles, so I would only have to spend minimal dollars to quickly modify these rifles with collapsible stock, flash suppressor, and maybe bayo-lug post.

Also, keep increasing stock of mags.

Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to grab as many calico drums and c-mags as I can the night of the expiration. Also all of my rifles will be reconfigured to pre-ban config except for my imports seeing as I am not sure that would be legal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
So currently overpriced (in high demand) prebans will lose all of its value?  Even if
the Fed law is laxed, I still got Kaliban to deal with.  :(
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I talked to a guy from Germany today on the phone and he told me about some of the gun laws in Germany.  I thought American gun laws were bad, but we can't hold a candle to Germany.  You are only allowed to have one caliber of each gun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So currently overpriced (in high demand) prebans will lose all of its value?  Even if
the Fed law is laxed, I still got Kaliban to deal with.  :(

Me too, but it would be nice to put pre-ban uppers on all my post-ban rifles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
FWIW, beta C mags proly wont get a whole lot cheaper. they were pretty pricy to begin with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top